22

"tae.", his mom wakes him up in the evening as he only fell asleep in his bed half an hour ago after studying too much. thank god that tomorrow is saturday but still he wanted to relax on the weekend a little that's why he studied a lot today.

"we're going to jeongguk, you wanna come with us?"

"i'll join you later.", he mumbles half asleep, cuddling up in his blanket again.

"okay.", his mom leaves the room after placing a kiss on taehyung's cheek.

taehyung immediately falls asleep again.

~

"where is taehyung?", jeongguk asks after greeting his parents.

he wanted to call taehyung but then his parents announced that they're coming over anyway, so he didn't.

"he's sleeping. he studied a lot today, he said he would join us later."

jeongguk nods, feeling a little upset because he was happy to see but also he's glad that taehyung gets a little rest. but he has an uneasy feeling inside his stomach.

he decides to text him so he can read the messages when he wakes up.

gguk:
tae are you alright baby?
text me when you wake up
do you need anything?
any specific food you want?

jeongguk is alone in his room. he did a lot of research about these guys with the help of his friends.

his friends were so invested, that together with jeongguk they already found out about their shelter and where it is.

he's just waiting for the right moment, waiting for his friends to finally plan their attack with him. out of rage he would even go their alone but he promised taehyung not to do it on his own. also it may not be the smartest idea to do that.

as jeongguk is thinking deeper about it, he's really worried about taehyung now. he's alone in that house and what if someone, one of these bastards, broke in?

angry at himself why he didn't think of that before, feeling unbelievably stupid, he immediately goes downstairs.

he grabs his car keys before going to the kitchen to ask taehyung's parents for the keys of the house.

they give it to him, but are really confused and ask if everything's okay.

"jeongguk where are you going?", his mom asks.

"picking tae up!", he says and finally leaves, leaving his and taehyung's parents there confused.

he's driving fast as his mind is filling with the worst scenarios that could happen.

when he gets there he immediately unlocks the door. in that exact second he receives a phone call from taehyung.

he doesn't pick up and runs upstairs.

"taehyung?"

"g-g-gukk.", the other is crying, panicking extremely.

"what happened?!", jeongguk worries and immediately joins him on the bed, pulling him close.

taehyung is so paralyzed that he can't even move, jeongguk feels how extremely the smaller's body is shaking and it worries him so much.

"tae? baby calm down, i'm here. what happened?"

"g-gguk i swear someone was in my room just a c-couple seconds ago.", he whispers, eyes big, terrified.

jeongguk's eyes darken immediately, he looks around the room now.