10

taehyung has been crying for a very long time now and honestly his and jeongguk's parents are really worried, they don't know what to do.

the thing is they can't to anything. jeongguk is gone, god knows where and taehyung is heartbroken.

jeongguk's parents just left after they've spent a lot of time talking with tae's parents about their sons and their mate bond.

tae's mom frowns when the door rings, probably not even one minute passed since their guests left. she opens the door to see jeongguk's mom with a jacket in her hand.

"this is jeongguk's it was in our car. give it to taehyung please.", she smiles.

tae's mom smiles back at her.

"thank you."

she closes the door and stands still, sighing deeply before she quickly makes her way upstairs.

taehyung's eyes widen, again feeling like going crazy because he doesn't know if it's real or just his imagination.

suddenly the door opens and his mom comes in.

"mom!", he panics. "is he here? is he-"

then his eyes land on the jacket in her hands.

"no honey. his mom gave me this.", she says and walks over to the bed. taehyung immediately grabs the jacket and smells on it.

his mom knows how it feels at the beginning. of course she didn't have to suffer like that, because she and her husband immediately got along and accepted each other. but she knows how badly one is craving the other. it hurts when the person is not around. and for taehyung the pain in his current situation must be unbelievably strong.

"i'm sorry baby."

"it's okay.", he mumbles, tears still leaving his eyes as he's inhaling the smell of his mate deeply.

"tae, i have realized a lot yesterday."

taehyung just looks at her with big puppy eyes, still holding the jacket tightly in his hands.

"i'm so sorry.", she apologizes, making taeyung look at her worriedly now since she almost starts to cry.

"i've been treating you wrong all this time. you never deserved all the scolding, it was never your fault. and you're right, i've been treating you like a child and expected you to act like an adult, i'm so sorry."

"mom."

taehyung comes closer to hug her.

of course his mom hugs him back and places a kiss on his hair.

they pull back again and taehyung can't help but to only think about jeongguk.

"m-mom.", his voice is shaking badly and he has to cry again.

"where is he?", he asks and her gaze softens even more.

"i don't know sweatheart.", she just says, pitying her son badly. she can't imagine the pain he must be in right now.

"c-can i be alone?"

"of course. call me when you need anything.", she says and leaves the room.

taehyung's thoughts are destroying him even more. what if he's somewhere and has sex again? god, the thought pains him so much.

he has no idea what jeongguk is feeling right now. he doesn't know if he wants to be close to him too, if he'll reject him.. he has no idea. taehyung's ego is suffering too, because he doesn't want to need jeongguk. he doesn't even know what he would do if jeongguk was here right now. hug him? like nothing ever happened? he can't do that.

why him?

that's the question he's been asking himself for the 100th time already.

how is all of this supposed to work?

it can't. it can't work. will taehyung have to suffer like this forever? he can't stand the pain.

he thinks of that one night when jeongguk came in the middle of the night, after he had calmed taehyung down. that night he told him that was worried. that night he started hugging taehyung from behind, falling asleep in that position.

just thinking about it gives him butterflies.

but it hurts him even more at the same time.

taehyung feels like finding out they're mates will do the opposite of bringing them closer. and it hurts.

he lays down and curls up to a ball again, clinging to jeongguk's jacket like his life depends on it. he continues crying for a long time, before he falls asleep.

~

jeongguk is a mess.

he can't sort his thoughts and he has mixed feeling. he feels too much at the same time and it's driving him crazy.

and he'd be lying if he said the overwhelming feeling of wanting to be close to taehyung and smelling him isn't killing him.

after he spent a lot of time in the woods, letting his anger out by running, he shifts back into his human form. he's sweating as he's sighing frustratedly, not knowing what to do. he doesn't want to go home since he doesn't want to talk to his parents.

he decides to call yoongi since it seems like the only option.

"jeongguk?", he asks confused as he picks up, wondering why jeongguk is calling him so early in the morning.

"can i sleep at your's tonight?"

"yes of course. what happened?"

"i'll tell you when i'm there.", he says and hangs off.

he hates this.

he hates all of it.

out of all these people out there it must be taehyung.

this must be a fucking joke.

he makes his way to yoongi, feeling like his head is gonna explode.

~

jeongguk is laying in bed, thinking about how taehyung must feel.

he hates to admit that the thought of taehyung in pain is almost killing him.

he's worried about him.

but at the same time his ego is too big and the hardest part is to accept that he worries about him. that he wants to be next to him right now.

he's convincing himself that it's just because of the mate bond and he doesn't like taehyung as a person at all.

but then he thinks about the times before he found out he was his mate.

that night when he had a panic attack he worried about him too.

he told other males to leave taehyung alone.

you always cared about him. we both know that., is what yoongi told him earlier. was he right?

does taehyung even want him as his mate? jeongguk thinks not because he thinks taehyung hates him. well, it was always obvious before that mate thing happened now.

jeongguk sighs again. he just wants to stop thinking right now, it's getting so exhausting. he decides to go to sleep, hoping that the next day he'll know what do to.