Chapter 23.

(A/N: I didn't feel like waiting and keeping you in the dark. I'm not THAT evil. XD

Actually, I am.

LISTEN TO THE SONG WHILE READING THIS OMG)

Your Point of View:

A thump resounded through the room as a body hits the floor in front of Nikki, their chest impaled with ice.

"J-Jake?" Nikki whimpered, gaining enough strength to sit up. When the hectic scene cleared, you gasped in horror as the body of your brother lay eagle-spread, a giant, sharp icicle sticking out of his torso. The impalement was right in the center of his chest, under his heart.

Nikki's eyes widened in horror and anger.

You all ran to your fallen comrade's side, looking at his eyes as they slowly glazed over. His fingers twitched here and there, signaling his last moments of life. Blood was quickly pooling around his upper torso, staining his clothes quickly.

You kneel next to Jake, Leo to your left. Nikki sat directly across from you, tears pouring like a waterfall out of her eyes. Your eyes stung, as well. One of the first people to show kindness to you at camp, gone. One of your siblings, gone. Someone who would protect the ones he loves at any cost, gone.

Cassidy, not knowing him well, but still being his sister, glared sorrowfully at the ground. The same goes for Nico as he sat himself next to Nikki.

Your heart clenched in sadness as the waterworks began. Leo wrapped his arm around you as you began to cry softly.

You looked back at Khione, sorrow and anger sparkling in your eyes. Khione smirked, approaching the group at an agonizingly slow speed.

"No," you hear Nikki grumble. Looking back at her, you see her face is contorted into one of fury. Jake was a big part of her life, someone who helped her through her first years at camp, was there for her through good and bad. If you let hell loose when you were angry, then this was gonna be the whole god damn underworld.

Nikki raised her twin pistols without a word, and opened fire on the goddess.

Khione yelped and created a wall of ice, shielding her from the celestial bronze bullets. She snapped her fingers, summoning a group of angry wind spirits, and retreated through an archway which melted in front of her.

She can't even fight her own battles.

And the Battle of Let's-Get-The-Fuck-Out-Of-Here begins.

Tears still making their way down your face, you stood and clicked the gem on your bracelet once again. You took no time in slamming your (weapon of choice) into the first spirit that approached. It stumbled back, clearly stunned. You took this as an opening, quickly turning the spirit to dust with one hit. Adrenaline was pumping through you, enhancing your movements and reflexes.

Same goes for Nikki.

The two of you (plus the other three, but with less badassery) unleashed hell on earth. The wind spirits' numbers decreased drastically every second, anger and sadness being used to their extent.

The last wind spirit was incinerated by Leo, turning into a pile of gold dust. The five of you panted, most of you collapsing to your knees. You crawl your way over to Jake's motionless body, Nikki following your lead, weapons thrown to the side. Your face went stony, still not wanting to completely register the fact that he's gone. Cassidy, being the oldest and the biggest (she's six feet tall), lifted Jake into her arms, and proceeded to carry him out of the cavern.

The ski lodge was deserted, meaning closing time was not too long ago. You all didn't go to the car just yet. There was something that needed to be done.

Leo held your hand tightly as you five walked to a maple tree by the base of the ski mountain. Cassidy placed him on the half-melted snow. Leo pulled you into his arms, you burying your face in his chest as they begin to bury Jake. You couldn't watch. You still didn't want to believe you'd never hear his voice telling Leo off for flirting with you in front of him, see his uncomfortable expression when surrounded by all the couples in camp, watch him fail miserably at hiding your diary after reading it.

But you knew he was in Elysium. If he wasn't, you were gonna tell Hades off for sure. That boy deserves paradise.

Leo stroked your (H/C) hair soothingly as you let out small sobs. You clutched the front of his shirt, thankful for him being here. He made small shushing noises, burying his face into the crown of your head. You heard the sound of dirt and snow being shoveled up, a thump every time one scoop hit the ground. You could also hear the distinct whimpering of Nikki, who was just as broken as you in this situation.

When your crying died down, you slowly turned around. Nikki was kneeling next to Jake, who was wrapped up in a blanket found in the lodge, save for his head. Nico had his arm around her shoulder as she leaned into it for warmth. She leaned down toward his forehead, whispered something, and kissed above his eyebrows.

Leo walked you forward, taking tiny steps. He pulled you down next to Jake as well, patting where his arm is under the blanket.

You leaned down toward your deceased brother's ear.

"I coudn't have asked for a better brother. I'll still think about you every time someone tries to read my diary, though, bud," you paused to chuckle sadly.

"Enjoy paradise, big bro."

You kissed his forehead.

Nico and Leo said their goodbyes as Cassidy covered his head with the rest of the blanket. You and Nikki clutched onto each other for dear life as she lowered him into the hole she made as a makeshift grave.

When the deed was done, Leo had walked away towards the lodge, only to return with a plank of wood, which was slightly singed on the ends. He must've burned it off one of the lodge's long tables.

He handed it to Cassidy, who produced a small dagger out of her backpack. She carved and carved, then placing it as a headstone, so everyone, even random patrons who visit the lodge, will know and remember Jake.

IN LOVING MEMORY

Jake Livingston

1998-2015

Friend, Son, Fighter, and one hell of a Brother.

Have fun in Elysium.

Narrator's Point of View:

(Y/N) and Nikki assisted each other to walk to the car, being lead by Cassidy and Leo. Nico stayed back for a second, looking sadly at the grave.

As he turned to follow the others, he did a double take.

Blinking, he shook his head, and ran to the others, ready to head home.

If he had stayed another second, his imagination would be proven wrong as Jake's ghost smiled sadly as he wished them the best, then fading away.