Chapter 12.

(A/N: giraffe_496 yelled at me to update and she's loud when she yells so here's another update :D)

Your Point of View:

Your gorgeous (E/C) eyes snap open as you hear three tentative knocks on your door. Slumping out of bed, you stumble over to the door, opening it while rubbing the sleepiness out of your eyes. It's really early in the morning, maybe around 4:30. Who would come this early?

"Yeah?" You ask in a raspy whisper.

"Come on, get ready. Me, you, Nico, and Leo are going to breakfast early before the mission," your brother Jake explained.

Mission?

Memories of the previous night's campfire and prophecy flood into your mind, causing your heart to sink down into your feet.
Nikki...
"Yeah," was all you could get out.

You shut the door, walking over to your closet and pulling out an outfit. You took out one of the t-shirts Leo gave you, which had graphic gears on the front, a pair of faded skinny jeans, and Nikki's spare pair of purple converse.

Even saying her name hurts.

After dressing, you grabbed your duffel bag, slung the straps around your right shoulder, and walked with Jake out to the dining pavilion.
The camp was completely quiet, save for yours and Jake's footsteps, which wasn't a common thing. It was like the whole camp was having a moment of silence for the missing demigod.

No! Stop thinking like that! You'll find her. You know you will.

You made it to the dining pavilion to see that Leo and Nico were already there. Leo was rubbing at his eyes with both of his fists like a little kid, yawning cutely.

Adorable.

Nico sat quietly, his gaze downcast, picking at his eggs and hash browns with his fork with no intention of eating them.

When you approached, Leo looked up from his bowl of cereal and smiled.

"Morning, sweetheart," he mumbled with a close-eyed smile.

"Morning, flame brain," you countered playfully.

You and Jake sat down on the table, you next to Leo, Jake next to Nico.
Nico still didn't look up from his breakfast.

You all ate in silence, making Leo fidget in uncomfortableness. None of you were in the mood to talk, as you all traveled through your own thoughts about this quest.

"Good morning," boomed a voice entering the dining pavilion.

"Morning, Chiron," was the collective groan.

He didn't question why you all were so down, already understanding this quest's importance to you.
"It is almost time to depart, and your friends wanted to wish you luck," he said as he turned slightly, allowing you to see your group of friends behind him. That brought a small smile to your face.

Piper, Annabeth, and Hazel made their way over to you while Percy, Tyson, Frank, and Jason walked over to the boys.

Piper pulled you into her arms, then being joined by Annabeth and Hazel.

"Go get her, (Y/N). And good luck. Iris Message me and tell me if that Hammer Brain is treating you right," she smirked.

You smiled at her. She was the first to pull away from the hug.

"Yeah. No worries. Nikki's stronger than you think with those pistols of hers," Annabeth chortled.

"And do be careful. We don't want you guys coming home as popsicles," Hazel joked.

"Thank you guys, I'll miss you. And don't worry, we don't intend on coming back without her," you answered with a determined look.

Leo's Point of View:
The guys marched over to me for their wishes of luck.
"Bring her back safe, okay? I'll have to hurt you otherwise," Percy said to me.

"Yeah, no problem," I replied.

"And make sure you treat (Y/N) right, too. Or Jake and I will make you regret it," Jason chuckled while patting Jake on the back.

"Always," I smiled.

"Nico?" We heard Frank mumble. I whipped my head around toward the sulking son of Hades who was being poked and prodded by a certain seaweed brain.

"C'mon, we'll get her back. Just you watch. Plus, that girl can kick some ass," I say reassuringly.
He doesn't answer, but he does nod. At least we got something out of him.

"Leo," Jason calls me over.
I stand next to him, watching him glance concernedly at Nico.
"Make sure you watch him, alright? He's not taking this well, obviously. Just try to cheer him up a bit," he told me sincerely.
"Got it," I reply.

"Alright," Chiron said. "It is time for you four to begin your travels. I will meet you at the entrance to the camp." He galloped away from us.

The guys and gals said their last 'goodbyes' and 'good lucks' as they head back to their cabins.

"Let's go," Jake said, picking up his backpack.
I picked up my own bag, then picking up (Y/N)'s before she had the chance.

"Such a gentleman," she chuckled with a small smile.

"Anything for you," I replied, kissing her on the check as we walked towards the entrance to the camp.

"Now, I wish you luck on your missions, young demigods, but you must take your leave now," Chiron said as we got there, then cantering away.

"Well, here's your first quest, (Y/N)," Jake said.

"I'm ready," she said as she fiddled with the bracelet on her left wrist, which can turn into her deadly (weapon of choice).

We stepped out of the barrier.

Nico stepped forward, putting his fingers into his mouth, and letting out a high-pitched whistle.

At first, nothing.

"What's he doing?" (Y/N) asked, confused.

"You'll see."

*******

A low rumbling.

That's what we heard in the distance. A low, mechanical rumbling.
"What's that?" (Y/N) asked, slightly concerned on the approaching noise.

I smirked.

"Our ride."

SCREECH!

As fast as lightning, a beaten up taxi appeared in front of us in the middle of the forest. (Y/N) stood there, stunned.
The window of the taxi rolled down, and three voices spoke in highly irritating tones.

"Need a ride, demigods?"