Chapter 53 (SURPRISE!)

(A/N: Here's a really, really long alternate ending. Glitch is back, doll face.)

Your Point of View:

It was a surreal feeling; The cool breeze that drifted across your skin from the open window. The soft, golden midday sunlight that spread like molten gold across the floor beneath your feet. You could see small white specs of dust drifting lazily through the warm glow, no set destination and no reason to hurry. You could barely remember a time in your life when you felt like those tiny dust motes. Living as a demigod doesn't exactly make easy-going life a possibility. But in all honesty, from the bottom of your heart, you wouldn't trade a second of your life for even a fragment of normalcy. Every hardship you've endured, every monster you've fought, and every nerve-wracking quest you've completed have lead you to where you are today--made you into the person you are today.

The harshness of your reality brought you a group of people with whom you would--and frequently do--trust your life with. Just the thought is enough to bring a soft, nostalgic smile to your lips, an almost silent chuckle passing through them. Man, you really do enter life-threatening situations more than you'd care to admit. The amount of idiotic, though necessary, things that you've done in your life are astronomical. But, once again, you had no regrets. Its good to live with no regrets. Never question what gives you happiness, and, especially, never let anyone else dictate what should make you happy.

If it makes you happy right now, then do it. It if ever stops making you happy, stop doing it. Life seems a lot simpler if you think about it that way.

Hell, you were almost happy to struggle through life. You liked the thrill of the fight, the almost euphoric adrenaline you got when you knew you really had something to fight for. Your drive was your friends; but at this point, they were more appropriately titled as your family. You would more than gladly give your life to them.

Ironically, you were giving your life to one in particular on this very day.

Planning out events was such a pain. Paying for said event was even more of a pain. It took months for you and your family to scrape up enough money to pay for catering, ballroom rental, and the perfect attire. You definitely couldn't have done it without their help, and you will be eternally grateful to whatever otherworldly force that gave these wonderful people to you.

Let's get back to the present. You can happily reminisce later, (Y/N).

It was a quarter past noon. You stood in the center of a large, open room, the French doors swung wide open to let the warm summer breeze waft in. You could see a multitude of cars, chariots, and even pegasi parked outside of the grand ballroom. The familiar, indignant whinnying of the pegasi and magical forms of horses brought a stupid grin to your lips. You let out a short burst of laughter, like the quick firing of a canon. Demigods really did know how to arrive in style.

Your eyes trailed down from the window and to your feet, which were obscured by the long, almost dragging hem of your dress. It was brilliantly white, your waist decorated in small, tasteful jewels. It hung around your hips elegantly, the sweetheart neckline just low enough so your chest could proudly display your necklaces; on one silver chain sat a familiar ring made of intricately woven copper wire--your promise ring. The other necklace, a leather chord, held every Camp Half-Blood bead you'd earned in your surprisingly long lifetime.

You let your gaze trail back upward to meet the tall mirror in front of you. You were absolutely glowing. Your (H/L), (H/C) hair was put into an elegant up-do, tiny golden hoops hanging from your ears. Your makeup was immaculate--courtesy of the Aphrodite cabin, of course. Highlights and shadows were in all the right places. Your lips were a lovely matte, full and perfectly lined. The wings of your eyeliner were sharp enough to fight monsters, you'd reckon.