Chapter 40.

(A/N: Good gods I'm such a dick)

Your Point of View,
But who are you?:

That one question resounded like a gong through your head, making it throb painfully.

Who are you? Where did you come from? Why can't you remember anything?

It felt like a cannon ball just plowed through your chest. It felt like you lost the last piece of jigsaw puzzle, and without it, you can't see what the picture would be.

It felt like someone severed a part of you and refused to give it back.

Your breathing got faster to the point where you almost went lightheaded. You couldn't remember.

But remember what exactly?

If you couldn't remember anything, how could you remember how to breath? To walk? To cry?

Why?

You stumbled around the room. The murky colors made your head spin into the darkness. Your body didn't want to cooperate with your mind, sending you back down onto the ground with a 'thump'.

You didn't know how long you laid there, or how you didn't notice the door opening in the far left of the room.

You only noticed when a fairly curvy woman carried you to another room.

You looked at her with a sluggishly fearful gaze. Who was she? Were you supposed to know her?

She only looked down at you with a sweet smile.

The other room was bright- too bright for your liking. You squinted, the sudden light making your head throb more.

It looked like a little apartment. It was decently sized, white walls and large windows. There was a little kitchen nook on the far right corner of the room, the rest of it being selectively living room. A small 3-person couch lay in front of a TV and a coffee table.

Did you know this place?

The woman laid you on the couch.
"Well, Miss (L/N), it seems I can't let you out of my sight for more than a minute!" She exclaimed. She grabbed a blanket and laid it over your form.

"That concussion really did a number on you."

Concussion?

The woman sat on the edge of the coffee table in front of you. "Amnesia. What a thing! To forget everything. That blasted car accident," she grumbled.

Only now did you take in her appearance.
She had jet black hair in a half-bun, her features sharp and shallow. Even with the sweetest smile, this woman still looked evil.

On her curvy body was a set of black and green-trimmed scrubs- like the ones nurses wear.

For the first time in what felt like a million years, you spoke.

"Car accident?"

It came out as a hoarse whisper, making you wince at the sound.

The lady looked at you with a sad smile. "Yes, (Y/N). You were in a car accident. Gained a concussion and a nasty case of amnesia. Don't worry," she smiled proudly. "With Erica here," she flashed her visiting nurse's name tag. "You'll be fit as a fiddle in no time!"

You stared up at her, confused.
So, apparently you were in a car accident, are currently suffering from amnesia, and this lady (who, frankly, scares you a bit) is to take care of you.

You needed some answers.

"M-may I ask you some questions?" You said timidly.

She smiled brightly and nodded.

You asked about everything. Your name, which turned out to be (F/N) (L/N). You were sixteen. You lived in LA. You worked at a small bookstore.

Questions and answers like this continued for hours, until it was time for the visiting nurse, Erica, to leave. She gave you a pat on the shoulder and a way too sweet smile before walking out.

The pounding in your head reduced to a small throb. Well, you got your answers. You felt like something was missing though. Something extremely important.

Maybe you'll remember it later.

You laid your head back on YOUR pillow, in YOUR apartment.

You fell asleep without one single thought of knowing the group of demigods looking for you.