Chapter 3.

Bright's POV:

We finished dinner and I told dad that I'd take my bike, the love of my life to the mansion cause I didn't like his car, truth was I needed some time to cool down, the cold breeze and the streetlights were the only things on my mind until I saw that house that I could never bring myself to call home, it was just a corpse, decorated differently every time I saw it.

"So what about Win, dad? I want to get this over with as fast as we can" I turned to my dad and asked, "When was the last time you talked to him?" He asked back, "I don't remember and I don't care cause it's never gonna happen anytime soon" I replied.

"Oh you should care, cause I need you to be friends, cause I'm thinking of making his uncle one of the investors for the new project" Dad said with a smirk, oh how badly I wanted to wipe that off of his face. "Yeah no, that's not gonna happen, forget it" I said. "Oh sorry did I tell you that you never had a choice? So doll yourself up and talk to him at the party, okay? Okay" he said and walked away

"Well well well, if it isn't the little Brighty" a voice I knew all too well said, it was Nini, my caretaker since ma passed, or even before her, when Ma was busy in school teaching, Nini was there, she was just like my mother except I never called her that, I could never bring myself to say that word to anyone. "Calm down, everyone can see you're on fire, at this rate you'll take the building down with you in a matter of minutes", she continued and it made me smile even in that moment, something no one could do, not even my own father.

I turned and gave her a hug, one I needed much more then her, "I'm so done with him" I complained to her, "Come and have some food, Brighty, it'll make you feel better" she said gently, "No thanks Nini, I'll get going now, thank you again though", I said and left.

I reached home and called Man, I told him everything that happened earlier, while making my dinner, he told me to give Win a chance and see how it all plays out, I told him to go fuck himself, he hung up, laughing at me to take a breath, god I hated Win, I hated his face, his stupid smile, his stupid bunny-like teeth, I hated how he was so likeable, I hated that he never looked at me since I came back, I hated how my brain would always register everything he ever did whenever he was in the same room with me, I hated how I could never really hate him.

Author's note:

Woah 2 chapters in one day? Yeah I post as soon as I write, I'd really like some feedback brightwins!!!!!! Also they're gonna meet in the next chap so y'all better comment so I can get some motivation to write.