Chapter 21.

Win's POV:

The next few days that followed were annoying to say in the least negative way, I used to have flowers delivered to me on random days when I was still married, now that I was getting divorced, I had flowers delivered on every single fucking day, and it was getting irritating, I never read the little notes that came with them, I never threw them away either, the divorce papers were still on my coffee table, opened to the last page and left untouched.

I had informed the receptionist to not allow Bright inside the apartment when I was there, atleast till I had moved out, he unblocked me and tried calling alot, I didn't pick up, I didn't know what he wanted, and I didn't want anything to do with him, I started working, it made me not think of him for atleast a few hours.

I was on my rounds, when a nurse interrupted me and let me know that someone was here to see me, I walked to the empty waiting room, and there he was, in all his glory, at 3am in the morning, tapping his foot on the floor, a sign that he was anxious, playing with his hoodie string.

I stared at him blankly until he noticed my presence, "Hi" he finally said, I didn't reply and he continued,"I umm they call you Dr. Metawin here? I didn't know that, I mean you got out of the university 2 months ago, I thought you were still an intern here, it's so weird I've never visited you at work, I mean we've been together for 6 mon-" "What the fuck do you want Bright?" I interrupted him.

"I wanted to talk to you Win, I want to tell you everything" he explained, "It's too late" I stated, "It's better then ever" he tried again, "5 minutes is all you get" I gave in.

"Okay, fuck I'm not ready at all, can you atleast come sit? And have you talked to Su recently?" He asked me, I walked towards him, and sat in the vacant seat beside him, "I haven't really talked to anyone, she's called alot though, so have more really irritating humans and what does this have to do with her" I said with a glare.

"I'm so sorry, I had no choice, I just...Win" he began nervously, his hands were shaking so I quietly grabbed them, it was a habit by now, around his dad or Pa, he'd just do that, and I'd hold him till it was okay, he did it too, we were just so used to loving each other that it was hard to imagine a world without him.

He visibly calmed down, but was still a little nervous "It was Su, Win, it was all Su, she told me to divorce you, she said you were better off, that you weren't really gay, and she wanted grandchildren" Bright started explaining, "What the fuck are you talking about? Su isn't like that", "Baby that's what I thought too and I know it's hard to believe, that's why I recorded a call, here listen to this" he pulled his phone out, and there was Su's familiar voice, " Bright I know this is hard for you, but you need to let him go son, don't you think he deserves better, someone who doesn't sit on his ass all day and lives off his father's money, someone who loves him cause they wanna not cause they're forced into a marriage with him, maybe in another lifetime, you'll have him, but you need to let him go, and I think it's better if this stays between us dear, it's better for you to just vanish, it'll hurt him less, don't ya think? "

I didn't hear any more of it, I must've zoned out, until Bright squeezed my hand, and I saw the drops on my white coat, I didn't realize I was crying, "I need to go see her, I really need to talk to her" I stood up in a rush and walked towards the exit when Bright pulled me back, and I closed my eyes in his comfort and sobbed endlessly.

"Hey, hey, hey, I love you so much, how about you go home, get some rest, and we'll go to Su's tomorrow, I can pick you up, okay?" He asked, "No, I know there's alot to clear up but come home with me, actually go on, I still have an hour left, you can take the key with you" I offered.

"No, no I'm staying if it's just an hour" Bright told me, "Come on then I'll take you on my rounds" I grabbed his hand and started walking towards the hall.

No one's POV:

40 minutes later, with Bright tagging along and being fascinated at everything, they got to the last part, the NICU, there were 2 little babies separated from all of them, Bright waited till Win checked a baby's heartbeat and asked "Are those two really sick? Is that why they're alone?", "Well yes and no, the girl is sick, but no they're seperated from the rest of them cause they're abandoned, they're just a week old ya know? Don't even have names yet, their parents put them up for adoption and wanted nothing to do with them, There's a couple that's gonna adopt the girl but the boy has no one" Win answered and went on with another baby's checkup, while Bright went near the babies, and put his finger in their tight closed fists, the girl looked weaker then the boy, but they were absolutely adorable nonetheless, a minute later the boy opened his eyes, and looked at Bright so purely, that a tear slipped from his eye, he quickly wiped it and and went to Win who was done in 10 mins more and there they were standing in front of the NICU, hand in hand, looking at all the babies in the glass room at 4 in the morning.

Bright leaned on Win's shoulder and asked, "What do you think of us adopting the boy?"

Author's note:

Please vote and comment cause I really need to know ya'll are enjoying this story more then any other thing, I really don't care for rankings and all that, I need to know my readers/baddies like what they read, thank you.

Go on and scroll to the next chap, this is a double update.