Chapter 20.

Win's POV:

Winter was almost done visiting, the last of the winds roamed the city with drizzles everywhere, I took all of this in as I got out of the cafe, the one Prem's boyfriend owned, it was worth all the hype, and if I didn't feel so gloomy, I'd have introduced myself to the owner, a friendly fella that everyone was looking at with heart eyes.

It had been 4 days since the papers came, and exactly four days since I skipped work, I was on paid leave as I never took those days off, in situations like these I'd overwork myself till I saw heaven, but I couldn't focus on anything, and being an intern at one of the biggest hospitals in Thailand, I couldn't afford to be careless.

I took the elevator and got lost in my thoughts so hard that I didn't even notice I reached my floor, the kind lady reminded me, I walked slowly to the apartment, it felt draining to even go there, I went to put the key in the hole, but it was already unlocked, only me and Bright had the keys.

Fuck there was an intruder, as I slowly entered, I grabbed a knife and went towards my bedroom, I opened the door loudly, a figure whipped around quicker then lightening, and my favourite pair of eyes stared back into mine, startled. I didn't know how long I was standing there just staring into his eyes, but I broke eye contact when I felt tears running down my cheeks, with no sign of stopping. I started speed walking towards the door.

"NO! WIN! STOP! BABY PLEASE!", shouted Bright as he ran after me, before I could start running he wrapped his arms around me and rested his forehead against my shoulder huffing, I was still, I couldn't move at all I wanted to run away, but I found it impossible to even move an inch.

"Baby I'm so so sorry, I just, I don't know what to say Winnie, I love you so much, I've never fallen in love and I.... I didn't have a choice, I never ever meant to hurt you my love, god please say something, anything", he cried on my shoulder, and I wanted to say all the words I had thought of, all the questions I wanted to ask.

I wanted to scream 'THERE'S ALWAYS A CHOICE YOU ASSHOLE YOU JUST HAPPENED TO CHOOSE THE WRONG ONE, YOU MADE ONE OF THE BIGGEST DECISION OF MY LIFE FOR ME, AND NEVER MEANT TO HURT ME? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO EVEN MEAN" and so much more, but I said the words I found it the most easiest to say.

"Why did you do it?" in a whisper cause I couldn't bring myself to talk so this is the best I could do, "I wish I could tell you, I so badly wish, but I can't, I've made a promise to someone Winnie" he told me, and there I was falling apart once again, piece by piece.

But I picked myself back up and walked away from his gentle hold, he was holding me so carefully as if I would break like glass any second now, but he had broken every part of me already.

I stopped at the door, wiped my tears and announced, "The divorce papers are on the coffee table, I've signed them, I'll move out by the end of this week, goodbye Bright."

Bright's POV:

Win always told me that he felt it all when he was with me, I never really understood what that meant until this moment, it was really something extraordinary, I saw how his eyes were swollen with dark circles beneath them, I saw how he was in my sweater, the one I used to wear the most around the house, looking better then I ever did in it, I saw how he looked at me when he saw me on the floor with our wedding album on my lap, a blank expression on his face, I smelt how he still had his own unique lavender smell, even when he was wearing my clothes, I wish I could tell him how much I meant every word I said.

I went to check the papers, and as he said they were signed, and I had never felt this betrayed, even when I was the real betrayer, I was the one who left him, I was the one that signed those papers first, I was the one who hated him, or atleast pretended to and with those papers in my hand, I realized how much I couldn't do this, I could not hurt him more, especially when I had dreamed of a forever with him every second I was in this condo, I fetched my vibrating phone out of my pocket, and picked it up "Did you say anything?" the familiar voice asked, "No, and I can't do this, I'm hurting him, you said this way would hurt the least", I answered  "He can be a drama queen sometimes Brighty, you remember his breakdown at the wedding? Haha just ignore it and don't overthink, he doesn't know what's best for him right now, I knew it was a mistake letting you go there, see how it turned you soft?", they said in an effort to comfort me, it made me more angrier.

"ARE YOU SERIOUSLY CALLING HIM A DRAMA QUEEN? YOU'VE LOST YOUR MIND, I'M TELLING HIM EVERYTHING, I CAN NOT SEE HIM HURT ANYMORE, AND I THOUGHT YOU'D BE HEART BROKEN TO SEE HIM IN SO MUCH PAIN, BUT YOU'RE JUST HEARTLESS, AND HE'S A FUCKING ADULT YOU KNOW, HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT'S BEST FOR HIM, EVEN WHEN HE'S HURT." I shouted.

"Who do you think he'll want to talk to right now, Bright? You or me? I can tell him everything in a way that'll make you the bad guy, and he'll believe me in a second, he'll never wanna see your face again" they warned me.

"I don't give a single fuck, I can not see him hurt anymore, I'm done and I take back my promise Su" I told her and dropped the call.

Author's note:

And the curtain has dropped, the bad guy has been revealed.

One more chapter left badies, had to chop up the last one in two parts.

Keep voting, commenting, and enjoying the story.

Also to the ones who regularly comment, I love you with all my heart and would like to present you with this award, 'BESTEST BADDIES IN THIS BIG BAD WORLD', I wish I could tag you all, but I honestly don't think I need to cause ya'll know who exactly who you are.

Thank you for the amazing response on the previous chap btw, love you all, peace out.