nineteen

Nineteen minutes to go. 

It didn’t take long for them to start dating. They spent every moment that they weren’t sleeping and not in class, together. Most of their friends became mutual friends because they couldn’t go five minutes without turning to each other with some Marvel joke they had seen somewhere. 

When he got put on the soccer team, she would occasionally go to his practices. Her heart would overflow every time he looked towards her. Whether he smiled or not, it made her happy that he acknowledged her presence. 

When she got the title role in their college production of Thoroughly Modern Millie, he was the one who brought her a bouquet of flowers just to congratulate her on her audition.

Soon their schedules started to conflict. He would have soccer practice right after class, and she would be in class and then have to go directly to rehearsal. But for the spare five minutes they had between rushing to one thing or other, they would stop. He would be late to practice so that he could meet her right outside the rehearsal theatre with a bag of chocolate and a cup of coffee. She would ask his teammates to leave notes and little presents at his locker when she couldn’t spare time to share a three sentence conversation.

They always had their dinners together, though. No matter how late it got to be, they would meet at the mess hall and if the mess hall was closed, they would head to some off-campus McDonalds. They weren’t five star dinners but it meant they got to spend time together, and that’s what mattered.

---

update a day!

dedication to a commenter.

follow me on instagram: myheartsmistake

<3

-katie-