eighteen

Eighteen minutes to go.

She was sitting in the bleachers of his first big soccer game. Opening night was the next night and she had to go straight from this game to the theatre to do their final dress rehearsal. But nothing could stop her from sitting in the first row and cheering him on. 

“Do you see him? He’s the nicest guy and I swear he always smells amazing. How does he even do it? He’s so good at soccer too, I swear it’s not even fair how good he is at everything.” 

“I heard he has a girlfriend though and I bet she’s flawless. If she can get someone like that to look twice at her, I bet she looks like a model. Ugh, I’m so jealous of a girl I’ve never even met.”

She overheard the two girls giggling over her boyfriend in the bleachers and she couldn’t help the confused emotions she had over hearing it. It sounded like they were talking about someone insanely famous but instead it was just the star soccer player. How was she supposed to feel? Proud? Happy? Jealous? Angry?

Part of her was slightly giddy when he jogged over to the side to give her a kiss and a "I love you, beautiful."

She knew it was wrong, but she enjoyed the looks on the girls faces after he ran off.

---

update a day -even thought some days are a bit late like today hahahaha- and just remind me if i forget.

i'm doing a 8mile run tomorrow so happy president's day! i love reading your comments and PLEASE tell me what you think so far! 

love you mwah mwah