seventeen

Seventeen minutes to go.

He sat in the first row for her show. He was the one yelling at the top of his lungs when she came out for her bow. He bought her flowers and a necklace that had “invincible” written on it. She cried when he put it around her neck and they both felt so content, neither of them could imagine a time when they were happier.

“Leigh.” He said her name softly, sounding more like a breath instead of a word.

“Ben,” she replied trying to match his serious tone but failing miserably. She laughed halfway through her attepted try. “Sorry. You sound serious. I’ll shut up now.”

He grinned, “Leigh, you’re insanely beautiful, do you know that?”

She suddenly remembered the conversation she had heard the previous day and all she could do in response to him was shrug her shoulders.

“You’re incredibly gorgeous and I would try to compliment you more, but none of the words in the english dictionary could accurately describe your beauty or the way I feel about you.”

---

an update for every day! :)

so i ran 8 miles today and i'm really happy because i beat my goal time by ten minutes. it was my fifth year doing the great aloha run, but this was my best time by far. i'm just really happy because i made a lot of changes to be a happier, healthier person and i just feel so content. oops sorry went on about my life too much.

y'all are great - keep the comments coming! every chapter is dedicated to a random commenter :)

-katie-