three

Three minutes to go.

“Leigh? Wow, Leigh! It’s so good to see you! Wow! How are you? How are you doing? I’m so glad you showed up!” James caught her in a bone crushing hug. Jenny, Charlotte and Mark were right behind - all looking equally stunned that she was there. She still hadn’t made it inside the chapel, and she didn’t think she ever would. She knew she had to talk to Ben, she just figured that his wedding wasn’t the time.

“Oh, um, yeah, it’s really good to see you guys again. It feels like so long has passed since we graduated. Hey, I actually just came by to, uh, give Ben a letter. I just don’t really think I should see him, though. It’d just be too weird. Um, really weird. Hey, um, can one of you hand it to him?”

She handed the recently sealed envelope to Charlotte who was the only one actually paying attention to what she was saying. Everyone stared at her. She knew they probably thought she was still in love with him, but really, she just knew that seeing him would bring up all the tension of the past. “Okay guys, um, good seeing you. Tell the couple my best wishes. Really.”

Leigh lowered her head and focused on her feet while walking away.

“It’s an hour before the wedding, do you really think we should give him this letter?” 

She could hear Jenny whispering to the others, sounding panicked. Instead of ensuring Ben got the letter, Leigh took a deep breath and headed towards the nearest bar. 

---

sorry i'm bad at this whole early updating why update in the afternoon when i could update at 10pm hahaha

fun fact: hawaii 5-0 is filming on my street tonight and tomorrow so i keep hearing gunshots lol

another fun fact: i've applied to be an extra and i might be in an episode this season

okay bye <3

-katie-