seven

Seven minutes to go.

When she turned 30, Leigh agreed to go see a Broadway show with the seventh grade teacher. She was hastening through her closet trying to find the matching heel to her favorite stilettos when her phone started buzzing incessantly. 

“Hey,” she heaved out as she continued to ruffle through her dressers. She had assumed it was Kathy telling her that she was already at the train station and considering their train was supposed to leave in ten minutes, she should be there too. 

“Um, hi, is this a bad time?”

“Crap! Ben. I can’t talk. Can I call you back in like, twenty minutes? Thanks, bye!” 

Finally catching sight of the blue shoe, she grabbed it and then rushed out the door to her car. Her original plan was to wear sneakers and keep her shoes in her purse so she could walk to the station, considering it was a beautiful fifteen minute walk. But then she got distracted and now she was going to have to leave her car at the car lot by the station. Procrastination at its finest.

“Leigh! I thought you had forgotten for a minute there,” the chippy Kathy laughed as she embraced the disheveled Leigh who had just exited her car. 

“I’m so sorry, I had a shoe dilemma and then my ex called and I’m so sorry, but at least I didn’t miss the train!” She laughed as they both steered towards the station.

“Your ex? The one you haven’t talked to since you refused to become a military wife two years ago?” Kathy asked with apprehension. 

“Yup.”

“What’d you say?”

“That I would call him back in twenty minutes.”

“How long ago was that?”

“Twenty minutes ago.”

“Are you going to call him back?”

“Nope.”

---

help i've become addicted to Revenge.

hope you enjoyed this sad chapter :(

update everyday and dedications to a random commenter

-katie-