~|Chapter 2|~ The Move

It was finally time for us to leave. 2 months had passed since Clay told me he and I were moving across Flordia to a new house. It was a 5 bedroom house, 3 of them being for the so called "Dream Team" which is my brother and his friends. Then the 4th was my room, and the last was a guest room. They had a big studio room where they'd stream, along with setups in their own rooms in case they were all streaming.

"Willow!" Clay screamed from downstairs "Let's go, we have a plane to catch!"

A smile formed on my face "Coming!" I was excited, but also nervous. I had streamed ever since Clay convinced me to and it was too bad. I had about an average of 20 viewers? It wasn't too bad for me and honestly the perfect amount for me. I was really just nervous to be living with 2 other guys that I hadn't really talked to much. Every once in a while Clay would tell me to say hi to Nick or George but we hadn't had a full conversation yet. Clay said we had about a month before Nick moved in and then another 3 until George came too.

I grabbed my last suitcase and had my backpack around my shoulder which held my laptop, laptop charger, phone charger, and my wallet. Me and Clay told our family bye

I hugged June while saying "Goodbye all mighty Drista"

"Oh shut up" she said after a laugh "You'll be the next Drista when people find out you're Dream's sister"

"Yeah, and that's why that's never gonna happen" I responded

"Eh we'll see about that" I went over to hug Drake

"I'm gonna miss you Willow!! Make sure to call us and send me presents!" Drake yelled

"Alright loud man, I'll make sure to do that" I responded in a much calmer tone

Me and Clay hugged our parents and then left out the door to the car. The moving van had our stuff and we were following it across the state. It was a 2 hour drive, and also 8am, did I mention? So I was incredibly tired. Clay put some low volumed music on and I took a small nap. Well, at least I tried since it's hard for me to fall asleep in a car, but nonetheless it helped pass the time.

We finally arrived at the house. It was 2 stories and it looked really cool. When you first walked in, to the left you saw the living room and kitchen. To the right was a staircase and then 3 of the bedrooms and a bathroom at the end of the all. Also downstairs was the laundry room. Upstairs was the 2 other bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and the streaming room.

"And this is your room!" Clay said opening one of the bedroom doors. It was a simple room, but it was pretty big. It had a big window right in the middle and I already started thinking about where I'd put everything.

The moving people put everything in our house as I watched downloaded movies on my laptop with Clay. After about an hour they were done. Since the wifi person wouldn't be coming to set up the internet until 2pm and it was only 12pm, I decided to set some stuff up in my room as Clay set up the streaming room.

I put my bed to the top left corner, and my desk with my streaming setup to the top right. My dresser was in the bottom right corner of the room. I put a bean bag chair and a small sofa chair in the bottom left corner in case Clay or someone wanted to come hang out or something. I got out my vines and put them along the left wall, along with some fairy lights. I put polaroid pictures along the lights, and then got out my leds. With some help from Clay, I put them around the top corners of my room and the remaining around my desk. I got my tapestry that my mom got me as a house warming present, and put it on my right wall. I put a full body mirror on my right wall near my dresser. I put up some shelves and hung up some hanging plants, I then got my other mass amount of plants, I'm a dedicated fake plant mother, and scattered them around my room.

I plopped onto my bed, exhausted from the day. I looked around my room and was proud of how good it looked. Clay then came into my room right as I was about to accidentally fall asleep.

"Hey, since the internet is still out we should go look around the city! Also, your room looks nice, good job" he said excitedly

"Sure sounds good" I said while putting on my shoes and putting my phone in my hoodie pocket

We drove around the city trying to map everything out and listening to some banger music. It was a really pretty town, they had antique shops that I was excited to explore. There was a beach about 30mins away but we didn't have enough time to go there, and an ice cream parlor. We found a Mcdonald's and got some food and ate in the car. There was a very vintage looking library that looked like it'd be a favorite that I'd go to, and it was in walking distance, along with a small park with a few small hills.

It was 1:45 so we decided to head back home before the wifi guy came. After some time, we finally got the internet. I immediately went to messages and texted mom saying that we had internet and that we were settled in. I also texted June telling her the same, and sending a picture of my room since she wanted one.

I looked out the window of my new room, thinking about the memories that are to be made in the future here.

Well, this should be interesting..

Words: 1,014

Date: March 2nd 2021

Edited: May 11th, 2021