~|Chapter 42|~ Feeling Blue

The next couple days weren't the best ones. The day after I confronted Clay I didn't stream, causing me to lose my streak of streaming. I didn't want to again after that, but I knew that my fans would start to worry about me and I didn't want that.

However, my attempts were a failure. When I did stream, my usual excitement levels were at an all time low. The content I was predicting was boring, although my fans stayed. Some of them enjoyed my calm streams, while others wished for the old me to come back.

Slowly but surely, my friends began to notice my change in mood. Niki checked up on me more often then she used to. Tubbo and Ranboo tried to get me to join their streams as much as possible. Hell, even Wilbur and Tommy invited me to an improv stream that was originally supposed to just be them and Jack Manifold. 

The worst part of finding out that it was Clay who got me my success was that my work wasn't even my own. All the things I did to get my name popular within the Minecraft community wasn't any of my efforts, it was Clay's. It felt as if "Skylitdreamer" wasn't me, it was Clay.

It had been a total of 4 days since the confrontation. At this point, I knew that I needed to get over it. My view count was less than normal, my fans were disappointed with my content (even if they didn't specifically say so, I knew they were) I needed to be exciting and make good content, maybe even give them a youtube video, but I just couldn't.

I'm currently laying in my bed, considering wether or not I should stream today. That was until my thoughts got interrupted by a discord call.

It was Ranboo

I decide to answer it, he is my best friend after all

"Hey Ranboo" I say as I answer the call

"Sky! How are you?" He asks

"I'm alright, you?" 

"Good, good.."

Silence overcomes the call. I don't know why, but it hurt. 

I still have a crush on him.

Why the hell is my brain thinking that right now? That has legitimately nothing to do with the situation. But maybe that's why it hurts?

"Willow.."

Ah, real name, scary

"I know you're not okay" He continues 

I'm taken aback, how would he know?

"W-what makes you think that?" I question

"I've known you for more than a year, you're one of my best friends. I know you well enough to tell when you're not your normal self. Now what's up, you can tell me anything."

I sigh

"Heh, we really do know each other inside and out.."

He laughs slightly

"Y'know how you mentioned the other day about how Clay gave you my username?"

He hums in response 

"Well, I didn't know that. And when I found out, it hurt. I don't know, really. I shouldn't feel upset about it, but I do. Hell, I should be thankful that he suggested me since It gave me such a growth in the community but.." 

"But? What?" He urges

"But it feels like all of my work for success wasn't mine. That everything I've worked for, everything I've gotten, wasn't from me. It was from Clay. Like we're only friends because of Clay. I only got popular because of Clay. The name 'Skylitdreamer' is only known across the internet because of Clay"