~|Chapter 48|~ Crater

(AN: so i merged 2 of the states into one chapter bc 1 i rlly want to finish the roadtrip and 2 if i just made new mexico a chapter then it would be too short bc i couldn't find smth rlly exciting🧍sorryyyyyy)

I scrolled through my camera roll, looking over all of the pictures I had taken throughout the road trip. The latest of which being from New Mexico. It wasn't the most exciting of the states, but it was definitely one of the most beautiful. We went go see some of the mountains. Sapnap and George even ran into some fans, thankfully while me and Clay were away.

As I was scrolling, the photos from the trip came to an end. And the next few photos were from the meetup. There was that photo Clay took of me and Jaxon saying goodbye. And then the selfie of me, Toby, Tommy, and Jaxon laying in the couch together. 

Eventually, I stumbled upon a particular photo. It was Jaxon looking out at all the lights when they first turned on at the amusement park. I forgot I had even taken this. His lips held a soft, sweet smile. His eyes glimmered, reflecting the swarming colors. The lights hit his skin in the most perfect way. It was as if the photo was purposely taken, but it wasn't. It showed off pure happiness of which we all held that night.

My face held a strong grin and I favorited the photo before closing out my camera roll to open Spotify. I pressed shuffle on one of my favorite playlists, of which there were many, and Looking Out For You by Joy Again played through my headphones. My smile grew slightly more as I closed my eyes, allowing myself to become more drowsy as we drove to our next destination.

——————————————-

What felt like seconds was actually hours as I felt the car come to a soft stop 

"Willow, we're here" George says, making sure I'm awake

I stretch a bit and yawn, fully awaking from my rest. I pause my music and take out my headphones, of which one fell out my ear. 

"And where issss..." I say, inferring for someone to tell me what state we're in

"Arizona" George finishes

"And we're at the one and only Grand Canyon" Sapnap continues

"Yooooo epic I can shove you all off a cliff" I say joyfully 

(an: lmao, me whenever i leave y'all on a cliffhanger)

"Y'know, you can can live back with mom and dad if that's how you feel" Clay says to me as we get out the car 

"HAHA funny! Funny joke! Lol! El, em, ayo! Luh-mow! El oh el! So funny!" I say slightly sarcastic

"You talk to Tommy too much" Sapnap sighs 

"Maybe Dream shouldn't have given your username to Ranboo" George jokes

My smile slightly falters with hearing that

"Damn okay I see how it is" I act fake hurt, even though I slightly am

We start our walk to the giant hole in the Earth. 

I walk backwards, facing the 3 boys walking in front of me. We made small conversation as we walked.

"Did y'all see Tubbo's tweet?" Sapnap asks, looking at his phone

"No, what is it?" I ask

"It says 'tubbo questions: if you had to choose one person to live with for the rest of your life, who would it be'" He reads out

"That's a not very Tubbo question to ask" George says

"Well, who would y'all choose?" Sap asks

"Clay I swear if you say some dnf shit" I point at him