Chapter 24

"WHO THE HELL DARE TO HURT MY NOONA?"

You flinched hearing his loud voice. But no matter how loud his voice goes you couldn't answer him... No you can't. The moment you explain a single event, you have to disclose everything. Unknowingly you shed tears thinking what will happen after they learned the truth. The air around you got heavier. You were having difficulty in breathing. Your hands clenched you cloth over your chest. Your memories of past years started to haunt you... All the events... All those threats... You started remembering everything one after another. Your silenced tears turned to sob.

On the other hand Jungkook didn't know what to do. He was angry at first but the moment he looked into his eyes, he felt unknown pain. You were crying.

"N-Noona..."
He called you but you couldn't hear him. He could see your eyes were not looking at him. He panicked when you started to take heavy breath. He called you multiple time but you were unresponsive. If was as if you couldn't hear him. Clenching your hand over your you sobbed.

"NOONA..." Even after he shouted your name you couldn't hear him. Meanwhile you sobbing got more loud. He didn't know what to do. You were panic attack. He could see that So he did the only thing that came in his mind. He hugged you tightly. Wrapping his arms around your shoulder, he rubbed his hands on you back to soothen you. 
Eventually you crying and sobbing stopped. When Jungkook looked at you, you were already sleeping. Looking at you sleeping like a baby... He slightly smiled. But it disappeared as soon as he remembered what happen just a few moments ago. He pulled away from the hug but still holding you. Then he gently placed your head on his arms and hugged you. He looked calm on outside but he was in fact restless. Millions of emotions were striking him all at once. 

"I swear I will kill the person who did this to you." 

He had no idea when he fell asleep. But when he woke up, you were gone. He frantically woke up and got out of his room. And there you were cooking food. Seeing your petite figure he rushed towards you and hugged you from behind. 

"Jungkook..." you exclaimed

"Why are you cooking right now? And where are the servants?" he questioned. 

"Grandma went on a meeting and I requested her to ask the servant to wait outside. So they are outside... And I wanted to cook for you." you said the last sentence after a pause. You were almost done and now you only had to serve. So you turned  around. 

"Go to the dining table and wait for me. I will bring food." you said softly in a gentle tone. 

"We need to talk about something Noona. If you are trying to change the topic and make me forget about what happened this afternoon then..." 

"I am hungry. Let's eat first then I will answer all your questions." 

"... Okay" 

Both of you ate dinner in silence. Though you stole glances at each other, no one spoke a single word. 

"Now... Will you tell me how you got those scars?" 

Jungkook had been impatient since he had woken up. He couldn't even concentrate on eating the food you cooked. And now finally it was time. Both of you were in the living room and you were sitting opposite to him so as to face him. 

"Before I tell you everything promise me that you won't tell anyone about it." 

"..." he didn't answer anything as he never planned to hide it from anyone. 

"If you don't I won't tell you anything no matter what. So promise me that the talk today will remain just between us. It will be our secret. And you will forget this incident." 

"...I won't promise anything but I will try not to tell that to anyone. But don't expect me to forget this incident 

"No.. You have to promise..." 

"That's the least I can do. If you don't want to tell me anything then I will be force to inform grandma, Jihoon and papa." 

"No... I will tell you everything. Don't tell them anything." 

"I will try not to." 
"I... I was bullied during my college days." you lied. This was the lie you could think after you woke up. 

"Names..."

"Hmm?"

"I am asking the names of those who bullied you." 

"Jungkook... Let's just forget about those things okay? Everything is in the past and it won't happen again. Moreover I don't even remember them anymore. Neither their faces nor names." 

"Noona... Since when did you learn to lie." 

"I a...am not l-lying." 

"I know you too well Noona. You are still trying to save the person who hurt you." 

"I am not." 
'I am trying to save you from pain which will hurt you emotionally.' 

"So you're still not telling me..." with that he stood up and moved towards kitchen. 

"Jungkook why are you going there?" 

He didn't say anything. He was quite during whole time. But it was clear that his face showed anger and determination. 

"Jungkook..." you called him following behind to the kitchen. 
Reaching the drawer of the kitchen he took out a sharp knife. 

"JUNGKOOK... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" you shouted seeing him holding a knife. 

"You don't want to tell me the truth. I feel helpless and pathetic for not being able to punish those who hurt you. So I will punish myself for not being able to protect you." 

Saying that he was just about to cut his wrist but fortunately you were quick to catch his hand. 

"STOP THIS NONSENSE... WHAT WILL YOU GAIN BY HURTING YOURSELF!"

"It will help me know the pain you felt." 

He pushed your hands away. You couldn't let him hurt himself. So reflexively answered. 

"IT WAS MY MOM..." he froze

"My mom did this... Because I disobeyed her."