Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Karlie was beyond tired from New York’s fashion week alone. Although she’s used to it, it doesn’t make it any less tiring. She walked in at least two shows everyday for the past five days. She gradually walks less as each year goes by. Before she would walk at least seven shows everyday for the whole week, but now that she’s created a name for herself she does not have to walk every show that would cast her.

Today is her first day off and then tomorrow she’s off to London to settle in for the night because the shows start the following day. Coincidentally today is also the Grammy Awards. She knows Taylor will be attending, obviously, and she planned to catch the show via television at night.

Karlie actually really wants to see Taylor because once she departs for London; she’ll be over there for the next three weeks for Milan and Paris too. It’d be useless to fly back to America for a day and then fly back.

Karlie looked at her clock and it read 7:34AM. It was a Sunday so she doesn’t have work, but she suppose she could go get a facial and then go to the gym.

Just as she was about to get up her phone rang indicating that she got a text; it was Derek.

Hey hun, any plans for today? – Derek

No. I was just going to relax today then watch the grammys. – Karlie

How about we one up that and you come to an after-party with me? – Derek

Karlie guffawed. She can’t even deem the lack of planning ridiculous. With the lifestyle she’s been living since high school, improvise is more than natural for her now.

Maybe I’ll run into Taylor… Karlie scoffed at her own thought. She couldn’t help, but to feel rather pathetic with how much she wants to see Taylor again.  

What would I even wear?” – Karlie

I got you a Donna Karan LBD. It’s fun and flirty. Make-up artists and hairstylists ready to work the minute you land. – Derek

Karlie laughed. Derek had this all planned out.

On my way – Karlie

Karlie booked a flight at 9:00AM so she’d get there around 3:00PM and thanks to time zones, it’ll be 12:00PST when she arrives. She didn’t need to pack since she already has a carry-on ready at any given time. She got up, washed up, dressed, and out the door by 7:50AM and she’d just have to rush through check-in and hop onto her flight on time.

***

“Hey Karls,” Derek greeted her sweetly at the entrance of LAX.

“Oh hush, you put me through a damn headache today and it’s barely started.”

Derek chuckled, “You act like this is out of the ordinary.”

“Touché, but you owe me breakfast.”

“Fair enough! Off we go.” Derek said and offered her his arm.

***

At 5:00, Karlie’s hair was done and her make-up was halfway done. The after-party wasn’t till 9:00 so she has plenty of time.

She turned on the TV and watched the award show as the make-up artists applied her foundation.