Chapter 10

Chapter 10

It's been two weeks since Karlie last saw Taylor. The model spent the first three days cooped up in her apartment moping more than she'd like to admit. All she could think about is that she screwed up, but she didn't even really screw up. She also was beating herself up for not speaking up - not explaining to Taylor that she didn't do anything with Toni and that she has feelings for the singer as well. But then, her thoughts ventured over to no matter what she says, Taylor won't believe her and already has a preconceived idea that Karlie was just going to play with her feelings anyway. That wouldn't have ended prettily.

On the fourth day, she's decided that she was done with the self-pity and got back into her daily workouts. She used it as a distraction, working out harder than she's ever had each day. Her trainer would look at her with worried eyes after three hours of a vigorous workout and the model seems to not falter whatsoever. If her trainer wouldn't tell her to rest, she probably would've just stayed at the gym all day and night.

Now, it was time to get back to work. She was called in for the usual catalog shoots for VS and she dreaded it. Despite still working out and keeping her body in tiptop shape, Karlie looked a haggard mess. You can tell she has not had a good night's sleep and that her whole self is tired, but work comes first.  

Karlie came in workout clothes: a loose PINK jacket, VS sports bra, Nike tights and sneakers. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and half of her face was covered with her large sunglasses. It's typical for models to come dressed down before a shoot so the makeup artists can doll them up so that didn't draw unusual attention.

Karlie didn't check to see who would be at this shoot either. The models get called in randomly and they just put the catalog together later. Lily delightfully greeted her first and she gave her a half-forced smile because Lily just reminded her of Taylor. She could tell Lily was slightly taken aback by her lack of enthusiasm greeting, but didn't get a chance to question it as she continued walking. Doutzen and Candice were also there in robes and their makeup half done. They exchanged casual hellos. There were more models there, but Karlie didn't really have the energy to greet each and every one of them.

Karlie went ahead and sat down in a free makeup chair and was greeted by Orlando, one of VS’ usual makeup artists.

"Hello, my lovely," he greeted sweetly, standing behind Karlie and looking at her from the reflection of the mirror before them.

"Hey Orlando," Karlie greeted back, softly.

"Something's wrong. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just tired."

"Nothing Orlando can't fix! Let's get these sunglasses off you!" He said and removed the model's sunglasses for her. Karlie saw the slight shock in his face.

"Oh my God," he whispered softly to himself. Karlie had major bags and her skin's definitely was not in its best condition.  

"Not to worry. You're still beautiful, my darling. We all have off days." Karlie smiled at that.

***

Taylor has been staying in her New York apartment despite what happened between her and Karlie. She just bought the place, so she wasn't just going to sell it. Also, she wanted to prove that she wasn't just here for Karlie.

Taylor's been in, for the most part. New York is a big city, but part of her fears running into Karlie but at the same time, she kind of wishes that would happen. She just misses being in the model's presence and even just seeing her. Technically, she has not spent any time with Karlie for over five weeks. The model has been busy wish all of the fashion weeks for almost a month and when she came back, the incident happened. She just wishes the model would randomly pop up at her apartment (even though Karlie is clueless to her new apartment) and tell her that nothing happened and that maybe they have a chance. She teared up at that. But then, her thoughts would venture over to all the times Karlie said they were "just friends," and can't help but to feel foolish and upset with herself.