Chapter 5B

Chapter 5B

Any signs of a hangover immediately shed upon seeing the lengthy model and Taylor’s face broke into a toothy smile. She did not hesitate to hop onto the taller girl to give her a crushing bear hug; Karlie wrapped her arms around Taylor’s waist immediately upon contact.

“Oh my God, Karls, I can’t believe you’re here!” Taylor exclaimed.

“Well, seeing that I finished my Dior shoot early so why not take a red-eye flight to come see the birthday princess?” Karlie said with feign nonchalance.

Taylor released the younger girl from the hug, but still stay perched up on Karlie.

Taylor had her arms wrapped around Karlie’s shoulders while she stared at the younger girl affectionately, “You’re so sweet,” Taylor obviously knew from the sound of Karlie’s voice that she’s had it planned beforehand which made it all the more heartwarming.

“Yeah, yeah,” Karlie shrugged followed by a sweet peck on Taylor’s lips, “Happy birthday, hun.”

“Thank you,” Taylor said cutely, not expecting Karlie to initiate such a sweet and affectionate gesture.

“Mmm, so tell me how much you drank last night ‘cause still tasting it on your lips.” Karlie teased.

“That is a good question.” Taylor said followed by a chuckle.

“So are you gonna get down and invite me in or should we stay at your doorway all day?”

Taylor chuckled before shaking her head, “I’ll invite you in, but I’m not getting down. You can just carry me as I show you around.”

“Do I look like royal carrier or…?”

Taylor shrugged.

“You’re lucky it’s your birthday and the fact that the morning look doesn’t look too shabby on you.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Taylor mocked Karlie from earlier.

The two entered with Karlie still carrying Taylor and the first room the two enter is the living room.

“Wow,” Karlie uttered upon still seeing the balloons, confetti, alcohol bottles, and cups littered in the extremely homey-looking living room.

“You had quite a night yesterday.” She added.

“Yeah, I’m going to call someone to clean this up.”

“So, as much as I’d love to look around your home, I actually have something planned for us today.” Karlie said.

“Really?” Taylor asked with child-like excitement.

“Yes, I mean, I know you live here and all and have probably seen it all before, but I wanted to do something productive on your birthday, y’know? Not that staying in bed all day with you is not super appealing right now.”

Taylor laughed, “Hm, both sounds great.”

Karlie nodded with a smirk on her face.

Taylor began to place chaste kisses along Karlie’s jawline, “You sure you don’t want to stick with option two?” She questioned in-between kisses.

“Haha, I’m not giving in. Now go get dressed – something warm.”

Taylor raised her eyebrows at Karlie, “Something warm in LA?”

“We’re going a bit north…”

“Can you tell me where we’re going?”

“I’ll think about it. For now, go get dressed.”