Chapter 5A

Chapter 5A

It’s been roughly two weeks since Taylor left. The two texted rather frequently and facetimed on occasions. Karlie tried to limit their interactions, but it just felt so normal and easy to speak to Taylor. Plus, they were just speaking as friends, a little more on the flirty side but still friends, as Karlie would tell herself.

Karlie was tidying up her office at Vogue, getting ready to go home when she took a glimpse at the calendar: December 9th. She feels like there’s a date coming up that she should remember…

“Oh shit,” Karlie muttered under her breath.

Taylor’s birthday is only four days away. One of their trivial talks at the after party was the talk about their birthdays and how their star signs are compatible. Karlie’s a bit of a geek and has knowledge of trivial things that most people deem unnecessary, but she likes it. Plus, it came in handy making Taylor like her more so she was even more for it. She feels like she should give Taylor something for her birthday. At the very least, the two have became rather close. It’d be the right and nice thing to do.

“But what the hell should I get her?” Karlie mumbled to herself.

Flowers? Sweets? Shoes? Clothes? Clothes…

Then, it hit her: lingerie! Karlie was definitely going to use her Angel status to its full extent for this one.

***

Karlie got to the New York building where they do their annual fittings for the show and managed to get one of the designers to help her. For the most part, she wanted to construct this on her own, but she still needed some help being she has never designed lingerie before.

“Rose! Thank you so much for staying to help me!” Karlie exclaimed as she gave the woman a hug.

“Any time, darling. I wasn’t planning on leaving yet anyway.”

“Yay! Let’s get to it so we can get going.”

Karlie wanted to make it playful, nothing too serious.

The image Karlie had in mind was a white, lacy, sparkly top that flows to the waist with little, kitty buttons placed throughout and the bottom to be sheer white.

Pretty childish, she knows, but she couldn’t help it. She didn’t want to give Taylor an overly meaningful gift being they’ve only known one another for a month.

***

After five hours of nonstop work, Karlie and Rose finally finished and Karlie expressed her gratitude multiple times and the older woman just laughed and shook her head.

Karlie got home and the first thing she did was she wrote a note to put it into the box along with the lingerie and then wrapped up the lingerie. She also decided to get flowers too for the heck of it.

She shipped them out, express, first thing in the morning.

***

It’s now 10PM, December 12th when Taylor was making her way back from the studio to her LA home. Taylor wasn’t planning much of a big party – or anything really since it was just her 24th birthday.

The moment she opened the door to her home, she was happily bombarded with “Surprise!” from the faces of her closest friends. There was Selena, Demi, Ed, Ryan, Jamie, and Emma to name a few.