Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Karlie’s been away for fashion week for another week now. She should be in Milan by now and her texts to Taylor have become less frequent, but she still makes sure to text the singer ‘good morning’, ‘good night’, and that she misses her no matter what. Taylor understands completely and still feels the fluttering feeling in her tummy at each text.

Sorry babe, but I have to try to catch some sleep now since it’s past midnight here :( Good night, and I miss you loads! x – Karlie

Taylor smiled at the text and replied.

I miss you too! <3 Rest up, love – Taylor

"I'm thinking about buying a place in New York." Taylor nonchalantly put out as she puts down her phone and looked at Selena who was chewing on her chicken salad. But it wasn’t nonchalant because she’s already done her research for the past week and is ready to go to New York to look at the condos she’s been searching at on the Internet.

"Seriously? What happened to it being too hectic and the people being too rude?" The smaller girl asked after she swallowed the food in her mouth.

"Wait a minute," She cuts Taylor off before she could even think of a response, "are you moving there for Karlie?"

Taylor shrugged, pretending Karlie would be the last reason why she'd buy a home in New York, "No, I just kind of fell in love with the city... The winter there was so beautiful and sometimes being in such a busy city, I can blend more into the background.”

“But would it be so bad if she’s one of the reasons down the list?" She added because there was no point in lying to one of her best friends.

"1) I knew it, you two are so into each other, literally, but she's still a dangerous one and 2) You can't blend in anywhere no matter how hard you try because you're Taylor Swift. Either way, it's not like I'm opposed to it - not that that should make such a difference because ultimately it is your decision. You have a house in every other state in this country so why not buy one in the most populous state on the east coast?" Selena joked.

"Dangerous sounds like such a negative word..." Of all that Selena just said, that's what Taylor responds to.

"I mean this is consensual. We both like how it's going right now and neither of us are pressing towards anything." She continued.

"Because she doesn't ever want to...? It's like a no strings attached relationship, Tay. She has no commitment to honor you. But neither do you so do as you please."

"And I'm fine with that, Sel. I don't want a legitimate relationship anyway." Though she knows deep in her heart she does want something more with Karlie.

Selena gave Taylor a side-glance, knowing the taller singer was bsing her and Taylow knows that she knows.

"Karlie as a person, I adore. Karlie as the second half of this long-term hookup she has going on with you, I don't like. I don't think it's healthy, but the heart wants what the heart wants so as long as you're happy but acknowledge my two cents, then I shall let you be and stop nagging."

This made Taylor smile, "and this is why you're my favorite." Taylor said cheerfully as she pulled Selena in for a hug and they continued eating their lunch and just chitchatting.

***

“Tay, so you sure you really want to do this?” Selena asked one last time as they looked through the third penthouse they’ve visited today in New York.