Chapter 1

In this story, I'll be keeping the ages of the third years the same as they are in the anime.

~~~~~~

Iwaizumi Hajime, one of the top students at Aoba Johsai. He was in his last year at the high school. He was also in the boys volleyball team, being their ace, vice-captain, and wing spiker. He had never questioned his sexuality, he always believed he was straight, but started to question it when he noticed how attractive his best friend was.

.
.
.
.

He didn't think about it much at first but he found himself staring at his best friend's beautiful face. Wait...Beautiful? He realizes he called his best friend beautiful, and he turns into a deep red. "Iwa~Chan? Are you okay?" Oikawa asks, Iwaizumi covers his face and nods his head, "I'm fine." Oikawa nods his head and continues to work on his homework.

The two were doing homework on a nice sunny Wednesday. The two being at Oikawa's house after practice. "Iwaizumi, honey, would you like anything to drink?" Mamakawa asks, "Yea, thanks Aunty." Iwaizumi says, giving Mamakawa a small smile. She smiles back and nods her head heading to the kitchen to get the two something to drink.

"She really likes you. Hm?" Oikawa asks. "I mean duh, we've known each other since we were like 5." Oikawa nodded his head and smiled, "It's been a long time then." Iwaizumi nods his head this time. "Yea."

The two continued to do their work while Iwaizumi snuck in some glances towards Oikawa. 'His face is so clear' He thinks to himself. 'Wait. No' He shakes his head to get rid of the thoughts and continues to work.

"Iwa~chan? Are you sure you're okay?" Oikawa asks again. Iwaizumi nods. "Uh yea, just tired." Oikawa nods his head and goes back to reading his book for class. "Here's some milk tea Hajime." Mamakawa said handing Iwa milk tea. "Thanks Aunty." She smiles and hands the other milk tea to Oikawa, "Thanks mom." "No problem, now, you might want to finish your homework before it gets dark." The two boys nod their heads and go back to work.

They finished working around 8pm. "Come down for dinner you two!" Mamakawa yelled out from the kitchen. The two placed their books in their bags and walked downstairs laughing. "Everything alright?" Mamakawa asks seeing Oikawa holding his nose and Iwaizumi laughing. "I fell..." Mamakawa giggles and seats the two down before setting their plates in front of them.

"Itadakimasu" They all say before eating. "How is it Hajime?" She asks, "It's good." She smiles and continues to eat.

Once they had all eaten, Iwaizumi noticed the time and decided it was time to leave. "I should probably get home now Aunty." "Alright. Get home safely. Alright?" She says, "Alright." Iwaizumi goes to get his bag.

"How does he not have a girlfriend Toru?" Mamakawa asks Oikawa. "I don't know mom." He shrugs and goes to walk Iwaizumi out. "Thanks for helping me with my work." Oikawa says. "It's fine, I'll see you tomorrow." "Yea."

Iwaizumi walked out the house and Oikawa closed the door when he was out of sight.

"*Sigh* What's wrong with me? Why'd I call him beautiful?" Iwa ask himself, he thinks about it while walking home.

'Maybe I could ask mom?' He thinks.

.
.
.

He walked inside his house and took his shoes off, "I'm home Mom." He says. He hears his mom in the kitchen and goes to her. "Hey honey." Mamazumi says. "Uh Mom? I got a question." He says standing by the refrigerator. "Ask away." She says looking at him after putting the stove on low. "Uh, so I've been getting these weird feelings when I'm around someone, but I don't know why." Mamazumi smiles brightly knowing what he means, "Honey, you like that person, or love."

Hajime's eyes widen. "L-like?" Mamazumi continues to smile, "Yes! Who was it? Was she beautiful?" He just stands there, "Uh...she?" His head tilting a little. Mamazumi looks at her son, "Alright, it's not a girl. Was it Oikawa-kun? You two would be so cute together!" She explains, Hajime starts to blush. "Mom!" He tries to hide his face while Mamazumi continues to giggle at her sons reaction.

"He might like you too you know." Mamazumi states before looking at the food she was cooking. "Might not. He's straight Mom. He's always surrounded by girls, it's terrible." He says. Mamazumi smiles fondly, "You never know Hajime. I'm pretty sure you've ate, so go get ready for bed. We can talk more tomorrow. Alright?" "Alright. Good night Mom." He says before kissing her cheek and going to bed. "Good night Hajime."