Alex - party planner

The moment I was outside I was shocked with the number of people awake, birthdays were the only day in the year were everyone got a break from their duties. There were benches being placed, lights being hung in the trees, and games were being set up.

"boys" I turned towards the familiar voice to find my father walking towards me. I got most of my looks from I'm my 6.5 height, broad shoulders, grey eyes, and thick brown hair. Though I got my mothers soft smile and freckles that crossed over my nose.

"sup Mr. H" Theo said clasping their hands together, but my da quickly pulled him into a head lock messing with his head of curly black hair, Theo quickly got out shoving my dad playfully. Theo was smaller than most wolves only reaching 5.4 but he was stronger than most, even me. just don't tell him that.

"man, they are really going all out this year" I said as we followed dad through the crowds of pack members carrying benches, food, and decorations. We always do it out side and it was always amazing a party under the stars.

"or course its your 18 birthday, now you'll be able to find your mates and take our fathers place in the pack" dad explained as he ducked under a bench being carried towards us, Theo and I of course followed in suite smiling at each other.

"how do you know when you see your mate?" I questioned, I always wanted to meet my mate and I did enough waiting.

"well you fell a tingling feeling and everything in you pulls you towards a person" I ignored Theo who made gagging noises as my dad explained how he felt when he met my mother

"Enough of the mate talk we have forever to look for them we only get on 18th birthday party" Theo looked almost sick as he tried to avoid the conversation all together. Theo told me countless times he it wasn't that he didn't want a mate he just ready to settle down night away. He wanted to enjoy his youth before being a complete adult, I understood, we were going to be running the whole pack soon and that was a life time gig until our heirs come to age.

"alright boys" my father pushed opened our barn doors leading us into the now empty clean barn where speakers were getting ready for tonight.

"so you know how this works you'll interact with guests before enjoying the games" he looked mainly at Theo who was always about playing and eating.

" and at 12:00 we do the cake like usual, but this year after your will meet with elders near the end of the party to discuss the plans moving forward" my father explained as he leads us to the table where the cake sat ready to be devoured. The cake was always big had to feed over at least 50 guests but this year the cake was able to feed almost 100. Theo who ate not even a minute ago drooled wanting to the taste the frosted cake before us. I elbowed him causing his to sat up straight glaring at me, which I chuckled at. 

Like every before we were stuck inside the pack house waiting for the party to be ready which always made Theo restless. He paced around trying to find soothing to entertained himself, but he knew nothing was like the party outside waiting for him. He often came and bothered me while I tried to get caught up on paper work I didn't have time to get to. after a long time of pleading I agreed to play a game with him but it turned into more than one so, we played card, call of duty and even checkers.

Then the front door opened, and Theo already left my office racing down stairs faster than I thought he could go, I rolled my yes at his child like behavior but honestly, I admired it. I was always very serious he was always there to lighten the mood.

"Alex get down here I cant wait any longer" I hear him scream as I tried to pick up the mess on the floor that he left.

"forget the stuff come on" he knew me too well. I sighed leaving the mess and made my way down stairs to him. He was jumping pumped up for the party outside while his father Logan watched him amused. His father was never a game person he was every serious like myself it was Theo's mother where he got his energetic flair from.

"Alex you think we should let him" he father asked looking at me as I cross the living room towards them by the front door.

"I don't know I like watching him squirm." I stated smirking at Theo who looked moments from pouncing on me. after Logan stopped laughing he moved away from the door opening it .

"alright lets go"

I smiled as I followed Theo through the door, it was great like every year, the lights of different color light the grounds of the pack shining the faces of all the people standing waiting for us. I noticed my parents quickly seeing them standing holding each other, I wanted that more than I expressed and I was truly happy that tonight ill finally be able to find her. 

I was happy, not for the party but tonight marked the start of next chapter of my life and i was glad i had my best friend to do it with. 

Theo was always a people person we always seemed to complete each other. so it wasn't a surprise when he stepped forward waving at everyone before yelling at the top of his lungs,

"whos ready to party?!"