Alex- talk

i love this drawing 

Mate.

It felt weird saying it in my head, it felt foreign and strange, like swallowing bricks. But it made my heart flutter and my stomach do flips, I struggled to breath as I couldn't seem to look away him. He was my best friend since birth and now he's designed to be my mate. I opened my mouth wanting to tell him. . . I'm not actually sure what to tell him. I watched as panic covered his face as he didn't look away from me, was he disappointed. The thought was like a knife in the heart I knew it was the bond that was making me feel this way, but it felt –

real.

I grunted as I felt a tug on my arm, I had to force my eyes away from Theo to notice my mother behind me. she smiled at me not noticing the distress I was in, I was always good at hiding my feelings. I was often told I was like a autobiography cause only the author knows what really happened Theo used to say that.

Theo.

I was like a wave crashed into me, almost auto pilot as I jumped around looking back at him. Except he was there, the spot I saw him I just moment ago now empty. Along with my heart. I felt a whimper begin to form as I looked through he crowd wanting to find him, be near him.

"you alright dear?" my mother asked regaining my attention, I didn't want to tell her until I talked with Theo about it. I wanted us to be on the same page, I dreamed of this day since I can remember, and it was nothing like I imagined, and I wanted to do something right. I had to talk to Theo

"son" I looked over at my father who walked over to me with open arms, I quickly returned hoping to get away as soon as possible.

"lets get you to the meeting shall we" my father held my shoulder and started to push me through the crowd of people all congratulating me. I never did well in big crowds, unless I was with Theo, it was always Theo who kept me calm. I needed Theo.

"I was actually going to find Theo" I tried to leave his strong grip as I

"don't worry he'll be there, you have nothing to worry about" my father waved it off like nothing but boy was he far off. I was thankful that the mind reading came only with marks because if he knew what I was thinking he'd drop dead. My father has always followed the traditional rules of a pack, alpha comes first, omegas do the labor and alphas must have heirs. I've heard it every day of my life, as an alpha having kids was priority number one.

It's not that I was against having kids or anything its just the whole blood thing, the elders want only pure blood alphas anything other than was disgraceful unnatural they normal call it. Which is weird since us being werewolves isn't really natural.

"Alex" I must have noticed that I zoned out cause now I was in the pack house with all the pack elders. I felt nervous with them surrounding me, they were quit intimidating. I knelled down nodded at them showing them my respect like I was taught, they nodded back a sign for me to stand. They were the eldest people in the pack, considered the founders of the pack, there was originally about two dozen but now there was only five left. Mathew, Jason, Saul, Theoren and Mallory, the only female elder and omega. All the elders play an important role on the pack Mathew and Jason were alphas and they often help me and every alpha before me how to run the pack. Then Saul a beta often trained Theo or tried anyway Theo isn't good with taking orders. Theoren was a hunter in the pack and he must have his handful with the dozens of hunters training every day. And then there is Mallory, she takes care of the omegas making sure they do their job for the pack.

"So, I was thinking of the best way to begin the process of your transition" elder Mathew said as he looked around the room at the others, starting the meeting.

"I think we should begin with graduating first" Theo said smirking as he joined the group, he was late, I think he needed space to think about what happened. I didn't look at him as I felt him get closer to us, I felt him so clearly, it was like I was blind and for the first time I can see everything perfectly. 

"Betas don't talk unless spoken too, you're his solider not his equal, half breed." The last part came out like poison wanting to kill its victim. Talked to Theo as if he was lower than him, just a bug that occupied space. That was just the way it was, even wolves had discrimination it wasn't by gender or race it was by status . Alphas were the highest and everyone was considered less than us even betas, they were considered the right hand, protector, helper, but never an equal. I was the cold expression theo gave them as he just stood still like the words didn't bother him. I knew better, I knew everything about him from his hopes and dreams to his greatest fears.

I watched him carefully through out the meeting not making it obvious to the whole council.

"this meeting is over go get some rest" Mathew said letting everyone leave, I didn't get a second to look at Theo till he was out the door.

I need to make sure he's okay. 

authors note: sorry i haven't updated in a while, school sucks but I'll try to be more regular