CHAPTER 5- Old Friends

U/N
____

The dungeons cried with the sound of battle.

The floor 54 boss was proving a pain in my ass to beat. Like the over achiever that I am, I stupidly found myself in battle with a level 63 boss when I myself am only a level 48, not to mention that I was doing this battle alone... not my proudest moment I'll admit.

Twisting out of the way, I narrowly miss a barrage of raging flames that came shooting from the dragons mouth. I fell into a fighting stance, my sword in my grasp. The dragon glared at me it's red eyes narrowed. I slashed it with my sword but, just my luck, it broke into a million blue pixels. Well shit.

Before I had a chance to react a flash of black leapt infront of me, dragging their sword across the dragons grimey, scales stomach causing it to let out an ear shattering screech as it's last HP bar dropped to yellow.

"Great," I mumbled sarcastically as I picked myself up off the floor. "A bonus item hunter."

I had just spent a good half of this day fighting and somewhat succeeding, to kill this boss just for some asshole glory hunter to come in to take credit for all MY hard work.

These types of players are usually low level warriors with op items, easy to take out if you're a skilled player, I've dealt with these types of players before they're all bark and no bite, usually just stick around the towns to bully the towns folk into getting more items so I wasn't afraid of them just pissed off that today of all days I had to deal with this too.

I rolled my eyes as I watched him throw another jab to the dragon. "Hey, Asshole!" I yelled out. "This is my fight, go find some other fight to steal,"

He swiftly landed on the other side of the hall, the boss blocking my view, I secretly hoped he'd been knocked down and realised he was in way over his head. But alas his voice rang back, "a little help never hurt anybody," you could practically hear the smirk on his face.

"Funny you think I'm some damsel in distress, am I that transparent? I need you! please help me great hero!" I rest the back of my hand against my forehead with a dramatic sigh as I sarcastically rolled my eyes back.

"Well you sure are a damsel," he called back, dodging a blow from the boss. "And with the look of your sword, or lack of I should say, and the state of your bruised arms, I'd say you look very much in distress." Asshole

Before I could so much rebuttal with a witty response the dragons tail came crashing down, "watch out!" I yelled as the dragon threw him across the room, he smashed into the wall and crumbled to the floor. I quickly opened up my inventory and pulled out the first weapon I could find. I grasp my sword tightly and charge towards the boss.

It moved around me and I followed it, stalking on an axis, keeping my focus entirely trained on it. In that moment everything seemed to become still, I closed my eyes, talking a deep breath.

I knew this was a bad idea but I also knew that there was no way either of us would make it out alive if I didn't. So I dropped my shoulders and controlled my breathing. Drowning out the screams of the dragon as it charged towards me. I focused on the low hum that reverberated within me. Drawing all the energy I could muster from my core.

??
__

I held my head as my vision slowly came to focus. I really need to start focusing when I'm in a fight, fuck that hurt.

I took in my surroundings, looking for the other player who was in the dungeon with me.

She was stood across the hall, effortlessly in a fighting stance. The dragon barrelled towards her but she didn't move. Is she insane?!!