CHAPTER 27 | The Fish

A/N
Just wanted to say that IM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG ASS WAIT!

Ok now that that's out the way...
10k READS OMG!!!! Can't express how happy I am thank you sm!!! I promise to be better with updating, everything is so up it in the air recently that I've had NO TIME! anyways as a special thank you I wanted to give u guys a choice on my next book...

-mcu

-anime

-original book

-other(I.e outer banks/ kingsman etc)

Leave a comment on the one you'd like to see next :))

Anyways sorry I'm rambling just kinda freaking out cus this fanfic is at #1,2&3 on so many tags LIKE #KIRITO and #KIRITOXREADER lol mind is #blown

Ok I'll stop hope you enjoy the chapter!
-Kitty <3

(U/N)
____

I squinted my eyes as the golden rays that danced against the gemstone water. Towns folk gathered by the waters edge, chatting amongst theirselves and exchanging their fellow 'good mornings'.

"Oh my god..." Kirito groaned, I basically had to drag him out of bed this morning. Note to self; Kirito gets grumpy in the mornings.

"Can you believe all the people that showed up!" I beamed clasping my hands together.

"Welp! Here we go! Thanks for your patience everyone, here comes todays main event!" Kirito and I gathered with the others around Nishida.

"Let's catch us a fish!" He cheered as he turned around revealing a small pink lizard. My heart shattered at the thought of this poor creature being eaten alive... even if it wasn't technically real.

"How big is this thing supposed to be anyways" Kirito breathed still obviously half asleep.

"Ok here goes!" Nishida raised his fishing pole above his head. It beamed a bright yellow as he launched it into the water causing the surrounding crowd to mutter their 'oohs and ahhs'.

We all waited patiently.

Time seemed to be playing a practical joke on us. Every second taking an eternity to pass.

Until...

The lure went under.

My heart skipped a beat.

I was staring at the water so intently that I barely realised when Kirito left my side.

"Umm... shouldn't you reel it in?" He quizzed creeping closer to Nishida.

"No- Not yet..." he grumbled. The fishing pole bounced up and down slowly.

"Uhhh... Nishida?"

"Hang on" we were all on the edge of our seats... - not seats we weren't sitting, I mean some people were but- you know what... never mind.

There was a sharp tug on the end of the fishing pole followed by the loud scream of Nishida shouting 'NOW!'

His fishing pole glowed yellow as he grumbled something I didn't quite catch, before handing the pole to Kirito, who stood bewilder.

"Uh switch?" He quizzed hoping to find an answer but instead, he was dragged down the peer by the sheer force of the creature on the end of the lure.

"Come here!" He shouted as he tugged on the pole and began running back up the peer.

"Look! It's coming up!" I pointed at the grey shadow that began to appear in the blue water. We all ran towards the water front.

Poor Kirito, he had no idea. As fast as we came we sprang away from the lake. He fell back, the fish wire snapping as he fell backwards onto the ground with a small Yelp.

"No, no, no!" He yelled running back to the lake.

"Kirito! Look out" I warned after him.

"For what-" before he could even finish his word there was a massive explosion of water that rained down on him.

Infront of us all stood a MASSIVE fish, like I mean this thing was bright Orange and huge. The thing even had 4 legs! A fish. With legs.

Before I knew it Kirito turned into the flash and ran to safety... by cowering behind me.

"You ran away! You left me there to die!" He cried, his finger tips pressing into my hips.

"Here it comes!" Nishida warned as the bright orange beast hurdled towards us.

With everyone panicking and running around like headless chickens, I took it upon my self to take care of things.

"Run whilst you still can!" Nishida yelled as i unsheathed my sword.

"Nah she'll be fine," Kirito said almost automatically.

With one swift movement i lunged forward bolting into the air gliding my sword through the beast.

It burned yellow before bursting into a multitude of brilliant blue shards.

I sheathed my sword with a gentle hum before spinning around with a smile to find everyone flabbergasted, other than Kirito who had a smug, proud yet somehow still in awe type of look on his face.

Silence fell for a couple of seconds as everyone tried to process what had happened.

Then, a crowd flocked around me, chanting different types of "that was amazing", and asking if I was (U/N), I had apparently made a name for myself after the whole blue eyed demon fiasco.

This day couldn't get any better... or so I thought.