Chapter 25 | Yui's Heart

"KAYABA!" Kirito yelled in frustration. He turned towards the console, furiously tapping away at the keyboard.

"You're gonna find out things don't always go the way you want them to!" He grunted. I gently lifted my head to watch him.

"Kirito, what are you doing?" I whimpered.

"If Im fast enough I might be able to use the gms account to access the system." A screen reading rows upon rows of binary and code appeared in front of us. It glowed blue before blasting Kirito back and crashing him against the floor.

"Kirito!" I scrambled towards him.

"Are you ok-" before I could finish he lifted his arm up to me. I stared at his balled fist before offering my hand. He placed a singular Crystal tear in my hand.

"What's this?" I asked as he sat up.

"The system was about to reject Yuis admin credentials, the only thing I could do was take her program and turn it into a game object." He said rubbing his head from the impact.

"So... this is-" I stared at it not knowing what to think.

"You're holding Yuis Heart." He completed my sentence. I tackled him into a hug.

"Thank you." I mumbled as he gently squeezed me.

After that we made our way back to the town of Beginnings. Saying good bye to Sasha, Thinker and Yulier before disappearing in a bubble of blue.

"Hey Kirito, if the game does get cleared and this world ends. What's going to happen to Yui?" I quizzed as we made our way back to our cabin.

"Don't worry, I fixed it so her data will be saved to the local memory on my nerve gear. When we get back, recreating her the way she was isn't gonna be easy. But if there's a way we'll find it" He replied taking a hold of my hand before giving it a reassuring squeeze. I smiled bringing my free hand up to my chest where Yuis heart lay on a chain like a necklace.

"Ok as long as we see her again."

"Yeah, we'll see her again."

Sorry for the extremely short chapter it's a filler to take us to the next one I'm currently writing and should be out later today! Sorry for taking forever to update but thank you for sticking with it! I hope you're all enjoying the story, I love seeing all your comments!

Word count: 405