Chapter 28| The return

U/N
____

"Come on, you've moped long enough already," I mused as I came to a stand still infront of the bed. Kirito was sulking on the bed since yesterday when he got a message from Heathcliff demanding our return. Way to ruin the honeymoon.

"I know," he grunted. I had already spent the entire morning trying to get him to get ready and only after persuading him with-

...well... never mind.

Only then did he get dressed and ready, all I had to do now is find a way to get him to leave.

"Its only been two weeks." Kirito argued, stuck in place on the bed. It was evident he wasn't moving anytime soon.

"If he needs us on the front lines then something must've happened, why else would he interrupt our vacation?" I crossed my arms over my chest as I leant against the doorframe. Its not like I wanted to leave either, though it may have only been 2 weeks they've been the most fun I've had since starting this game.

"Yh... but still."

"Let's at least hear what he has to say, come on," pushing myself off the wall, I stuck out a hand towards him. "Time to go,"

With a sigh Kirito finally took a told of my hand and sat up. He rubbed gentle circles onto my knuckles before placing a soft kiss on them. He then stood up, rested a hand on my lower back and we left. "We'll take care of this then come back," I smiled.

.............................................................................

After saying our farewells we teleported to the knights of the blood oath head quarters, Heathcliff had been expecting our arrival.

"The re-con team was wiped out?!" Kirito quizzed. We stood tentatively in the board room. The sun had hidden away behind the clouds leaving grey streams to filter through the grand windows, a truly fitting choice of weather.

"They were scouting for the up coming boss fight. It was a party of 20 members from 5 different guilds. 10 of them reached the center of the room, then the boss appeared and that's when the entrance closed, cutting them off from the rest of the party." Heathcliff had called us to a meeting and began to endow us with the current affairs, tragic wasn't a strong enough word to describe the situation.

"They walked into an anti-Crystal zone," I muttered, stealing a glance with Kirito. His eyebrows were knotted in the middle, it seems we had been away far too long.

"Precisely, and it couldn't have been more than 5 minutes or so when the door finally opened. The room was empty, there wasn't any trace left behind from the 10 soldiers or the boss." Idris, the knights of blood oath's second in command continued.

"You're kidding," Kirito gasped as I found myself at a lose for words, I stared wide-eyed at Board of leaders infront of me.

"Now more than ever, clearing the game should be everyone's number 1 priority. We're going to launch an attack with the largest group we can assemble." Heathcliff finished.

I took a deep breath, " you can count on us to fight with you," kirito began. "But" I cocked my head towards him in confusion. "This needs to be clear, U/N's safety is my priority, if things start to badly in there I'm going to protect her, that's not negotiable." He finished, taking a hold of my hand as I stared at him wide eyed, completely taken back by what he just said.

Heathcliff smiled at us, "A person with something to protect is a sting ally to have, I'm not coercing a good fight from you."

____

IM BACK!

And I have motivation so I'm gonna bang out the last couple of chapters and get this story done!! You will get a new chapter every day until the end, which shouldn't be too many as it's almost finished 😫😫 anyways stay tuned!

Lots of love kitty xxxx