CHAPTER 33| Losing Battle

U/N
____

I watched as Kirito charged towards them at blinding speed. Swinging his swords against Kayabas shield then spinning on his heels and parrying an attack from my father.

The clashing cold metal swords vibrated through the dungeon. With each yell, dodge and attack my heart only broke further. I was helpless. I felt like a coward.

Kirito didn't stand a chance. Kayaba and my father could block whatever he threw at them. They designed the dual welding skill and they know all it's combos.

I wasn't going to sit around and watch as Kirito fights a loosing battle.

"Agil," I whispered, bringing my tear stained face to meet his gaze. "Please, he'll die," Agils eyes filled with compassion.

"I'm sorry, but Kirito said no, I can't-" before he could finish I tore myself away from his arms. Bolting towards my father at a blinding speed.

Bringing my sword above my head I drew every last bit of power I had inside of me from my core. I felt alive. I leapt into the air and with all my force I slammed my sword down over Kayaba and my father.

I watched as their faces contorted in fear as they dodged the attack. Sparks of lightning blasted towards them as my Sabar bashed against the ground.

My chest heaved up and down as I rose up next to Kirito. His face laced in astonishment as I scowled at Kayaba and my father.

"U/N-"

"This is my fight too." I cut him off.  "They created these skills, the only way to beat them is with our own power." I breathed.

We charged towards them, not giving them a break as we dealt blow after blow. We only stand a chance by being faster, stronger and always thinking ahead. Kirito swung his swords widely, sending attack after attack towards Kayaba.

I did the same with my father. The pent up rage fuelled my power. I didn't care anymore. He had betrayed me. Because of him, my friends had died, players lost their lives over a stupid game. He was sick and twisted. I had to stop this.

We kept send our attack not allowing a second to re group or think.

In a swift instance my fathers sword sliced against my cheek, I charged towards him. Sword powered with blinding light. I attacked sending another hit with every parry.

But...

Then, everything stopped.

My heart stopped as I watched kiritos sword break.

"Game over!" Kayaba yelled as his sword charged with red.

I don't know what came over me.

"Kirito, no!" I lunged infront of Kayaba sword. Taking the entire force of the attack. I watched terrified as my health bars dropped to red and then... nothing.

That was it.

I lost.