The Harmattan

Hey Guys! Welcome back to another chapter! Enjoy! Discord Invite code: u9rgDCA

Reviews: 

Jzak98: I will hopefully update it every day or two. Read to find out! :)

guest: I do agree. Enjoy this story though! :)

guest: Please do not flame my story, thank you.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Please follow and favorite so you get notifications when I update!

@Eghguy115 is my co-author I thank him for helping me with this.

It hasn't been too long since the Guard left the borders of the Pridelands. Approximately only half an hour passed by. Knowing this journey would be very long, the guard felt confident they were already making good progress. Well, most of them were feeling confident.

Kion was slowly getting separated from the group. His head was bent down, staring at the grounds of the Back Lands.

The thoughts in his mind were all over the place, he couldn't think straight. Just the thought of going to the Tree of Life to get his scar healed seemed great! But thinking about it more... he knew his fate.

He remembered what happened the previous day, when he threw that tantrum. His father's words echoed through his head: "The Tree of Life's pride, the Night Pride, promised that they'd send allies soon if I agree to betroth my son with their daughter, to prove that I will not attack them and so their daughter will have a strong mate by her side. So you see, this is perfect!"

"I don't want a mate. I don't NEED a mate." Kion thought to himself. "Why does this need to happen to me? Out of all lions, ME!?" He was getting angrier by the second. "Sure, dad's the king of his pride, and I need to take orders from him. But being betrothed!? NO! This is about MY life. MY path. MY decisions!"

"Hey Anga! How much further are we to the waterfall?" Full wondered.

"Not too far. I can see it in the distance." Anga replied, overhead.

Kion still was caught up in his thoughts. "This princess better be worth this whole journey. Because if she isn't, I'll- I'll just-" The lion's face showed visible anger and teeth grinding together. He needed to let this anger out.

"Anga! Can yo-" Fuli tried to ask until...

RRRRRROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!

The entire guard, including Makini, faced behind them, seeing Kion.

"Kion! Is everything okay?" Makini worried.

Kion was frozen. "I-" he studdered. "I'm okay. I don't know what that was. It's just my scar..." he spoke while rubbing his scar with his paw.

"Ohh. Here, Kion. Have some tuliza." Makini offered a small handful of tuliza from her bakora staff. "It will help you calm down." she reassured with a smile on her face.

Kion stared at her for a moment before nibbling down on the petals.

"Better?" she asked. Kion responded with a slight nod.

Kion let out a sigh. "Come on. Let's go." he told them before pacing himself to the front of the group.

The guard looked at each other with confused faces. Bunga showed a small shrug and smirk on his face before they went forward.

It took a while, but the Lion Guard was able to get to the waterfall, where the first moja kwa moja stone was.

"Is that a moja kwa moja stone!?" Makini yelled. The rest of the guard gasped and ran towards the side of the waterfall, therefore seeing a stone, with a painting on it. "I think we found the first one!" Kion said. He was at least happy they were doing some progress.