Reflecting

Hey Guys! Welcome back to another chapter! Enjoy! Discord Invite code: u9rgDCA

Reviews:

karapetdavidan98: Thank you!

Jzak98: Yeah, I think so hopefully they admit their feelings (without being interrupted! lol)

Team m bomb: Wow, I'm happy my story is able to relate to you!

I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Please follow and favorite so you get notifications when I update!

@Eghguy115 is my co-author I thank him for helping me with this.

After Rani's coronation, Kion has been thinking about his grandfather for a while. He decides to finally talk with him.

"Grandfather Mufasa?" Clouds shift above him. Viewing an image of his grandfather.

"I'm here, Kion. It has been a long time. I was worried that you had forgotten about me."

"No, Grandfather. I didn't forget about you. It's just... I was afraid to face you. I've got this scar now. And I was worried that I might turn evil, like Scar. Especially since I kept losing my temper and losing control of the Roar on our way to the Tree of Life."

"Kion, you could have talked to me anytime. I told you I would always be here for you. No matter what. That hasn't changed. And it never will."

"Thank you, Grandfather. That makes me feel better. I'm sorry I stayed away. I promise I won't be afraid to talk to you again."

"Good. I missed you."

"I missed you too."

The next day, there was another attack of Makucha's army. Kion and Rani decided that the lion guard would patrol during the day and the Night Pride patrols at night.

"Looks like your team could use some rest." Kion says.

Rani sighs. "Mama Binturong and the others never give up. They'll be back."

"The Lion Guard could patrol during the day while you rest."

"Then the Night Pride could go back to patrolling only at night. Oh, we could use the help. Especially now that I'm Queen and leader of the Night Pride."

"Good! I'll have my guard start right away." Kion turns to Nirmala. "While I go have some more therapy with Nirmala." He groans.

Fuli nods. "Come on, Lion Guard." she leads them out of the pass.

"Alright then. Night Pride, let's finally get some rest." she gives Kion a nice smile before walking away.

Today's therapy session was a bit different than normal. Instead of going somewhere to retrieve something and bring it back to Nirmala, Kion had to just sit in front of a lake.

And that's it.

Nirmala explains that the Lake of Reflection is used to reflect on one's actions, words they say, or deep thoughts. Thinking about what you have done in the past would help you learn what to do next in the future.

"What do you see?" Nirmala asks.

Kion stares down at his reflection in the rippling water. "Ugh! My scar." He splashes the water around. "I can't wait till it's healed and gone."

"Kion, we've been over this. What if your scar never goes away?"

"But that's the whole reason I'm here. To heal my scar. So I can be my old self again."