Long Live The Queen

Hey Guys! Welcome back to another chapter! Enjoy! Discord Invite code: u9rgDCA

Reviews:

Guest: It's called life you can't live forever.

Guest: I appreciate your opinion.

karapetdavidan98: I am happy you enjoyed it! Here is another chapter!

Guest: Janna is the original character, she dies like everyone else.

Team m bomb: Thank you for your opinion! Here is another chapter! Enjoy it! :)

I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Please follow and favorite so you get notifications when I update!

@Eghguy115 is my co-author I thank him for helping me with this.

Kion saw Rani alone, bawling in her tears mourning of her loss. Even though he still despised the idea of getting married, he couldn't just leave her there. With confidence on his mind he went over to the young lioness. 

"I'm so sorry Rani."

Just a few minutes prior, Queen Janna passed away from old age. The Night Pride was so shocked that even Baliyo did not want to step forward. She gave her final goodbyes to the Night Pride and Kion before joining the previous kings and queens in the afterlife. Kion remembered Janna's words clearly: "I would've liked to see your healing completed. But at least I know you're here. I hope you find peace. And-" She lifts her paw against his right shoulder, marking him with the Mark of the Night Pride. Then she lifts her head and whispers in his ear. "I hope you and Rani become closer."

Kion tried hiding his anger and he did very well. He sighs, "Thank you, your majesty. For everything." 

Back to the present, Kion comforted the upset princess and he shed some tears of his own. "I can't believe she's gone." Rani tried to hold back her tears. 

Kion hugs her a bit tightly. "It's okay to cry."

After a little while, they all exited the Tree. Makini shared the news to all the citizens of the Tree of Life. A lot of them feeling bad for the royal family's loss. 

"Is Rani okay?" Fuli asks as Kion approaches them. The lion shakes his head no as a response.  They see Rani walking towards the lake to get a drink. "Should we go talk to her?"

"Just give her some alone time. I think she needs it."

"Lion Guard?" Makini comes walking to the group.

"Yes, Makini?"

"I need some help with the funeral at the Willows. Could you-?"

"Sure, we'll help." Fuli says. "This is, after all, a big deal for the animals at the Tree of Life."

"Thanks, let's go."

The Lion Guard followed Makini to the Willows. Kion stumbled behind and took a peek at Rani before continuing on.

By the lake, Rani stares at her reflection in the rippling water and sighs. 

"She lives in me..."

About an hour following the announcement of the Queen's death, the animals lined up, contributing flowers to say goodbye and pay respect for the long-lived queen. 

Kion watches as the animals stepped forward, one by one. He spotted Rani by the side. All alone. (Again.) 

He walks to her and decides to talk with her. As a friend. "Hey." Rani turns and sees the male lion. "Are you okay?"