Dreams

Hey Guys! Welcome back to another chapter! Enjoy! Discord Invite code: u9rgDCA

Reviews:

Guest: Stop posting mean reviews, if you don't like it, don't read it.

Team m bomb: Probably, lol

Guest: Thank you!

I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Please follow and favorite so you get notifications when I update!

@Eghguy115 is my co-author I thank him for helping me with this.

"I need to admit Kion, I'm impressed."

Kion and Nirmala are walking back to the guard's resting place.

"Impressed?" Kion said to Nirmala, confused.

"Yes. These past few days, I've seen you grown."

"Really? I haven't noticed..."

Nirmala chuckled. "When I heard you defeated Makucha's army on your own without losing control of yourself, I was surprised. When you stopped admitting that your scar was the cause of all your problems, I was relieved. And just now, I saw you cared about Rani that you wish that she would stay safe!" Kion blushed. "Don't you see? You've grown emotionally better."

"Oh. I haven't thought of it that way. But, what does that mean?"

"It means... that your healing is complet-"

"REALLY!?" Kion jumped, interrupting Nirmala. "Oh, thanks Nirmala."

"Don't thank me, Kion. It was all by you."

"Yeah... it was."

They arrive at the resting place

They arrive at the resting place. The entirety of the guard were all drifting off to sleep. "I'll be off now, Kion. Come over tomorrow morning to check on the queen. Or should I say your queen." Nirmala whispered.

Kion giggles. "Heh, yeah."

He watches as Nirmala walked back to where they came from. Hopefully she will keep the (HIS) queen safe.

He rested his body in the thin grass, made sure he was comfortable, and fell asleep into his dreams.....

XXXX

"Kion?" Queen Rani walked up to the golden furred lion.

"Rani. Uh, hi."

"You ready for our walk?"

"Oh, um, yeah."

"I also was thinking for a while... do you think you're ready to become king?"

"I'm still deciding... I kinda just like this. You know, you and me."

They started walking down a hill. "Yeah, I know." Rani blushed. "You and me..."

She stopped, lifted her paw and messed his mane around. They start singing a special song representing their not-so hidden love for each other.

RANI: How are we so different and still so much the same?

KION: Why do I start smilin' when I hear your name?

They walk to the lake and view their reflections, seeing them turn into one.

RANI: At times I think you could be a reflection of me

KION: Still there's something deeper

KION AND RANI: More than what we see...

Kion and Rani frolic through the lands, still singing their song...

BOTH: There's a feeling of belonging that's deep down inside

A feeling that's been growing, now we just can't hide

It's a feeling somehow knowing there's nothing to decide

'Cause when I'm with you it's clear, we're of the same pride

Kion got a hold on Rani at the waterfall, and playfully throws them both in.

Inside the Tree of Life, they examine the paintings on the walls. Paintings from way back then, to ones that happened just recently.

KION: Seems like I have grown up so much since I met you

RANI: Like it's been forever, but everyday is new

KION: We had some great adventures

RANI: We also had some fun

KION: Shame to think it's ending

RANI: Or has it just begun?

They came to the River of Patience.

KION AND RANI: There's a feeling of belonging that's deep down inside

A feeling that's been growing, now we just can't hide

They hop onto separate drifting logs.

KION: It's a feeling somehow knowing there's nothing to decide

'Cause when I'm with you it's clear, we're of the same... pride?

For some strange reason, Kion couldn't hear Rani singing with him. He turned and saw Rani's leg get pulled down into the water.

"R- Rani? RANI!" Kion called out. He couldn't see Rani anywhere in the water. Even after diving into the water, he couldn't see the lioness.

Suddenly he felt the water's current starting to go faster. He brought his head up to the surface to see what was going on. Behind him, came a huge wave. It came close and swallowed him whole, pushing him deeper into the water...

XXXX

"Kion?" he heard Fuli's voice.

"Wa- what?" he shuddered.

"You were sleeping like a cub, and then you shook like crazy." Bunga chuckled.

"Oh." He rubs his face. "I guess it was a dream."

Fuli nods. "It looked like it was. Anyway, we're going on morning patrol and then visiting the queen. You coming?"

"Ya- yeah." He gets up and leads the guard to the main lands of the Tree of Life.

(THIS WILL BE THE LAST CLIFFHANGER I SWEAR)