16. PANIC ATTACK

Lucas's POV

I was sitting in my office. Doing my work.

I glanced at the file with Johnny put on my tabel. It was her background check. When Johnny gave it to me his expressions was not good. He was looking like...Not so good. Like something was bothering him.

I picked the file. The first I saw was Her photo she was looking very innocent, beautiful, pure......'shut up Lucas' I scold myself.

Then I started reading it.....'Full name Gia Devis. Age- 21 years. A College student. Hair colour- Dark brown. Height- 5'2''. Daughter of the CEO of Devis group of companies.'

Ohh she is the daughter of Mr. Devis. He is my business partner. Obviously of my legal business. I started reading further

'one sister 'Isha' and 1 brother 'Parker'. Relationship status- Single. Ex- Duke....' What??Duke?? That BASTARD was her ex!!!! Duke is my opponent in mafia. We are rivals. How come she was her girlfriend? I heared what had he done to her ex girlfriend. He beat her ex up. He was very cruel to her. He want her to sold her body to a stranger. Now I came to know that Gia was her Girlfriend. She endured too much!! Now I am not mad at her anymore but I feel pity for her. She is so beautiful...yehh that's why a play boy like Duke was her boyfriend. I am sure he didn't tell her about his mafia thing. He surly traped her in his dirty games. But I also heard that he was not abel to do 'that' things to his ex. That means Gia was safe, but not that safe. I mean he always beat her. I will take revenge for her. I surly will.I read further from her file. It contained each and every detail about her. When I completed reading it,I closed the file and stand up from my chair. And started walking towards her room. I should have talk to her about taking revenge. But why I have to take revenge for her? I think I don't have to do that. Anyways I am still going to her room for check upon her.

I opened the door of her room. And there she was sleeping on the bed. But not peacefully. Her facial expressions was telling that she is in her dream. A horrible type dream. I walk towards her bed. And stand beside her bed. She was tilting her head from side to side. Her little hand fists the sheet in them. She was sweating. I wonder what her dream can be? Suddenly she got up with a jolt.

Her eyes were red. She was crying continuously. Her eyes cought me standing. She was still too much crying. She was breathing heavily. I walk towards her and tightly hold her in my arms. I don't know what happened to me but I want to protect her. She is so fragile. So small. I just wanted to protect her from bad peoples. Like Duke. My heart aches when I thought about what had happened to her when she was with Duke. That bastard.

She was still breathing heavily. I tightened my hold and said,"Take deep breaths. In and out. Calm down. Just calm down." She did like what I said. And soon her breathing was even. And I assumed she is asleep. I tried to realised her from my hold but she held me tightly. So I decided to lay beside her. I closed my eyes woth her in my arms and after sometime darkness consumed me.

Gia's POV

' "Don't....don't do this to me...nooo!!" I was begging Duke to not to hit me. He was continuously beating me with a stick. It was so painful. Outside the window, it's raining heavily. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. My eyes were swollen by cringing too much. My cheeks were red and puffy.

He was still hitting me. Suddenly the pain became unbearable it was something hot that hit my body. The pain was too much to endure. I screamed on my top of lungs. Then I notice he was now hitting me with an iron rod which was hot. He picked it up from fare place. Then again he hit me with too much force. Now I was done I scream too louder than before.'

Suddenly I got up. I was drenched in sweat. I was crying horribly. I am sure that my cheeks and eyes and whole face should be red by now. Than I noticed Lucas was standing near the bed with no expressions but his eyes showed something but just for seconds and then disappeared. My breathing was heavy. I can't even breathe. I know what's happening to me. Panic attack. Again!!!. It was like This was the end. Then Lucas came near me and held me in his arms. And tried to calm me down. But it was of no use. I also hold on him tightly. For now I was just thinking about how to calm myself but all in vain
"Take deep breaths. In and out. Calm down. Just calm down." I heard his voice.I did like he said. He held me more tightly. His minty cologne hit my nostrils. His intoxic cologne was calming. Relaxing. I calmed my nerves My breathing became normal. And then slowly darkness hit me.