Ch.2: I've Got Questions

"I have questions," I said.
"Like?," Edward asked.
"Where did you find him?," I asked.
"In New York," Edward responded.
"What was he doing there?," I asked.
"Just living," Edward choked down a laugh when he said that.
"Just living?," I asked.
"He was literally living in a small aparttment in the middle of Bronx, and was working as a waiter," Edward explained.
"Damn," I replied.
"Playing the role of a eighteen year old just trying to get enough money to afford college," Edward went on.
"Then, why did you guys take him?," I asked.  "He seemed to be doing good for living in New York".
"Well, he's also my best friend whom I lost contact with in the seventies," Edward said.
"In thee seventies?," I asked.
"We were moving to France and he was migrating to New Jeresey," Edward explained still.
"I advice you to not go there now. It's more ridden there nowadays," Cassius said.

I turned around amd saw him standing in the doorway. He was keeping his distance from me which it just made me feel more like a burden. He was much more godlike close up because you could see the glistening light coming from his curly hair. and the diamonds that formed his skin started to glow. He smiled awkwardly and looked at Edward.

"Why did you even want to live there?," Edward asked.
"For the hunt, duh," Cassius sassed Edward. "Do you really think people would miss all of the murders and rapists"?
"True," Edward replied.
"Exactly" Cassius said with a smile.
"Where were you born originally?," I asked.
"I was born in London during the forties. I was turned to a vampire in an abandoned alleyway in Sussex in the last fifties," he explained.
"How did you meet Edward?," I asked.
"In Brazil during the sixties," he answered.
"So, you've known Edward for awhile," I commented.
"Quite," Cassius said.

He got closer and went to Edward's side. He pulled out a pack of cigarettes and began to take one out of the box. He then lite the cigarette and started to smoke puffs of black clouds. Edward glanced at him as he started to smoke.

"Really?," Edward asked.
"I mean on my official death certificate, it says Cassius 'Really' Presley Dean," Cassius joked.
"No the smoke could make Bella sick," Edward said concerned.
"Oh - - sorry," he said as he was putting out the cigarette.
"No, it's fine. My stepfather smokes sometimes," I said. "You don't need to put it out".
"Aight," he said.

He kept smoking and sat on the branch that was attached to the biggest tree next to the Cullen house. Edward watched him and then he looked at me. I saw that Edward's eyes were slowly fading to black. I knew he had to go hunt soon with his family.

"I might have to go hunt," Edward said.
"May I come?!," Cassius yelled from somewhere in the tree.
"Yes!," Edward yelled, back.
"I should get home before Charlie gets home," I said.
"Alice will take you home," Edward hissed.

Edward jumped over the balcony railing, as Cassius jumped from the tree. I watched as they landed on the ground below. They ran out of sight quickly. I turned on the heels of my converse and turned to see Alice already behind me.