Ch.10: Thunder

As soon as I got home, Charlie was standing in the front yard with Alice. I know where this was about to go. Alice is probably going to yell at me. I quickly looked at Angela as she with me in my truck. Her parents got home earlier and let her come with me.

"What would Alice be doing at your house?," Angela asked.
"To either yell at me for not coming to our sleepover, or telling you about vampires," I said.
"I mean I already saw the Quilete pack in their wolf forms, and I saw Cassius kill Davis. I will back you up," she said with a smile.
"As a witness to my testimony to the judge," I joked.

Angela and I got out of the truck. We walked over to Charlie as he was distracted by Alice. He smiled as he saw us walking over, but Alice looked like she was trying to hide her anger.

"Hey girls," Charlie greeted.
" Hey Dad, " I replied.
"Hello Chief Swan," Angela answered.
" How are you,Angela?, " he asked her.
"I'm alright," Angela replied.
" Good, " Charlie responded. "We should get inside. It's about to rain".

We walked back inside and Angela stayed near me. Charlie gave us space and went upstairs. I saw Alice turn her head and her newly dyed hair was ruffled out of place. Her eyes were filled with absolute rage.

" You told her?!, " Angela exclaimed.
"I had to. She already saw the pack in wolf form," I said.
" And I saw Davis Meeks die by a vampire, " Angela said.
"What do you mean?," Angela asked.
" Cassius let his thirst get the best of him, " I replied.
"Edward said - -," Alice started.
" Edward lied, " I announced.
"Why would he do such a thing?," Alice asked .
"To keep him out of trouble with Carlisle," I hissed.
" Alice don't be mad at Bella, " Angela added.
"Don't be mad at Bella? May I remind her that Edward and I almost got killed because she knew our secret? Or the fact, that two vampires want her dead?," Alice ranted.
" What does this have to do with Angela knowing? Alice, she saw Cassius kill Davis, " I hissed.
"Angela, I'm sorry that she involved you in all of this craziness. I'm sorry that you watched Davis die,but - -," Alice started.
"Alice,stop. You're understandably upset but you have been okay with Bella knowing. So, why can't I?," Angela interrupted.

Charlie came back downstairs and stared at the three of us. He seemed confused by look on his face. I saw the window was glowing the same baby blue as before. Alice turned around and I heard her in a low voice say, "damn it, Cassius". Which that confirms that theory.

"I heard that!," I exclaimed.
"Hm?," Angela asked.
"No, you didn't," Alice replied.
"Is Cassius a siren?," I asked.
"I- - I can't answer that for you," Alice stutterred.
"Why not?," I asked.
"Because he told me not to," Alice whispered.
"When?," I asked.
"Earlier," she whispered.
"Why are you whispering?," I asked.
"He's near," she whispered.

I walked over to the window and wiped off the fog from the window. I couldn't see nothing but ocean-like fog, again. I looked at Alice as walked over to the door and made a movement to imply to follow her. Angela and I did follow her out of the door. The music was back but wasn't as loud.  I tried to keep near Alice and Angela but the fog was too dark. I felt myself bump into Angela several times and then into Alice as she stopped right in front of me.

"Boys?!," she yelled.
"Boys?," Angela asked.
"Cassius and Edward," Alice stated.
"Ah," Angela responded.
"I don't think they are here," I whispered.

I heard thunder crash above us and I looked at Alice. She looked at the sky above and she turned to me with a smile. I was quite confused until I realized...they must be playing baseball.