Ch.22: He's a Monster

Bella looked at Edward as he stood over her and Lena. Edward looked over at Lena and flashed a smile at her. Bella was afraid to even look at him because of his new darker transformation. He didn't look like Edward Cullen anymore to her. 

" Are you now finally afraid of me, Bella?," Edward asked. 

" Y-yes," she stuttered. 

" Finally! It took you a year to figure it out," he sneered.

" What happened to you?," Bella asked.

" What do you mean, Bella? I'm a monster, remember?," Edward asked.

" You look like you joined the Volturi," Bella said.

" Perhaps I did," Edward sneered while tilting his head.

" You joined t-them?," Bella asked. 

" I did," he whispered while smiling.

Bella's heartbeat started to race violently in her chest and Edward began to smile more. His smile reminded Bella of Aro's smile. Bella looked and saw the gold volturi crest chain hanging out of Edward's pocket. He saw Edward's ring from Carlisle was gone and not on his finger. 

" Why would you join them? You rejected Aro's request," Bella said.

" Doesn't mean that he didn't offer a second time," Edward said smiling. 

" Obviously he wants new talent," another man's voice was heard. 

Cassius appeared at Edward's side and he was also dressed in a dark attire. The brightest thing that Cassius wore was a red scarf that was wrapped around his neck a few times. They both looked at Bella and Cassius was clearly hungry with his eyes totally black. 

" Shouldn't you both be in Volterra then?," Bella asked.

" You would assume so but no," Cassius said.

" They want us to at least have some teenage fun before heading to Italy," Edward sneered.

" Teenage fun?," Lena asked confused.

" Who brought the pretty girl?," Cassius asked and winked at Lena. 

" I did," Bella said.

" For me? Or to be Edward's lover?," Cassius asked.

" She's not here to be anyone's love," Bella said.

" I already have a boyfriend back home," Lena whispered.

" Awe, such a shame," Cassius said making a pouting lip. 

Cassius walked up to Lena and wrapped a strand of her hair around his finger. She could see the fear in Lena's eyes grew worse. Cassius smirked but looked back at Bella. She could smell the perfume of his scent spread through the fog. 

" I always get what I want, Bella," he said with a smirk.

" How so?," Bella asked.

Cassius quickly attacked Lena. She screamed but her scream was pierced down as he drew blood from her. Lena fell to the ground and Cassius looked at Bella. He had blood dripping from his mouth and had blood in his teeth. 

" And you asked how so?," Cassius asked. 

" She's dead right?," Edward asked.

" No, I'm leaving this one to be a vampire. She's too pretty to be wasted," Cassius said.

Bella looked at the both of them and tried to run the other way. Edward quickly was in front of her and was leaning against a tree. Cassius was right behind her and she could hear the blood drop from his mouth, now. 

" What are you both going to do?," Bella asked.

" That depends really on our moods," Cassius said.

" I prefer you have finally dead," Edward said.

" Drain you of blood and then throw you into the ocean," Cassius said.

" Y-you wouldn't," Bella said.

" Oh, I would," Cassius said. 

Bella looked at Edward and hoped he would stopped acting the way he was. She hoped her Edward was still in there. She could hear Lena coughing and crying in pain. Lena was transforming to a vampire. Where was Ridley? Where did she vanish? Her cousin is literally dying, and she was nowhere to be seen.

" Where's her cousin?," Bella whispered.

" Who's cousin?," Edward asked.

" Hers," Bella said as she pointed in Lena's direction.

" There's another girl out here?," Cassius asked.

" I didn't see anybody," Edward said.

" Ridley came into the woods," Bella said.

" The cousin's name is Ridley?," Cassius smirked.

" So, her cousin's a girl?," Edward asked.

" More snacks," Cassius hissed before running off. 

Bella was left with Edward again and a transforming Lena. He got closer to her and she felt her heart race once more. Edward smirked so widely that she felt scared to scream. She heard another song  - it wasn't Cassius's song. It was another but more lavish and girly. It was Ridley...

" Where is she?," Bella asked.

" Who are you asking for?," Edward said.

" Ridley!," Bella yelled. 

" We didn't see any other girl," Edward said.

The other song had stopped and heard another woman scream. Bella turned around and Edward grabbed her arm. His strength was much stronger than it used to be. Bella was scared more than she already was. 

" It seems he found her," Edward said.

He dragged her away and past Lena's body. He followed the direction of the scream. Bella turned around and saw that Ridley was actually standing over Lena's body. Now, where was Cassius?