Ch. 27: This time let's try Edward's Plan

I woke up a few days later with a great sensation of pain going through my body. I was still locked in the cell without Alice in there. The cell was still locked and the smell of blood that loomed in the cell was stronger. I looked around me and put a hand up to the back of my head. My head had been bleeding and my ribs felt as though that they were on fire as I sat up.

I looked over to my right and saw someone sitting in a chair. They had the chair leaning up against the wall. They had their head back against it as they seemed to be staring up at the ceiling.  I heard the perfect imitation of breathing coming from the vampire. I couldn't tell if it who it was since they had the hood of their cloak over their face. 

I accidentally coughed and they had finally looked over at me. I realized it was Edward who had been sitting there. He appeared to not have red eyes and had his usual golden eye color. I smiled slightly and he raised an eyebrow. 

"Your eyes are back to normal," I muttered.
"Well, yeah. I gagged when he made me try human blood again after over eighty years," he said.
"Why would you help him?," I asked.
"I didn't, Bella. He has people under his control - he's even trying to take over the Volturi. I read his mind," Edward said.
"He doesn't have that power -," I started.
"But yet, he does," Edward said. "He's still a siren. He's the son of the original siren queen."
"Siren Queen?," I asked.
"Queen Rosalynn of the Shadow region," Edward said. 
"Never heard of her," I replied.
"Well, it's not going to be mentioned in history, isn't it?," He asked sarcastically. "He's playing his cards like his mother did because his mind always served her."
"Even with his father who loved him?," I asked.
"He never saw that love for what it truly was. His mother ruined his mind and his every thought because she led him to believe his father was the enemy," Edward said.
"Does that mean he believes we're the enemy?," I asked.
"Yes, he believes everyone who is nice to him is the enemy," Edward said. "He wants to take over the Volturi and turn the world upside down for his own personal gain."
"How are we going to stop him?," I asked.
"You have to kill off Cassius - even if it breaks my heart to do it," Edward said.
"Then, let's go for it," I replied.
"You're going to have to be bait again," he said.

I glared at Edward when he had said that, but I went with it anyway. I let Edward take up to the throne room. The Volturi was gone and only Cassius was in there. He was sitting in Aro's throne and smirked to himself.