Ch. 26: Ganging up

"You both look very pitiful, you know," Cassius said in a newly regained accent. 
"Why are you the way you are?," I asked.
"Because I was born this way," Cassius sneered.
"Not a blood thirsty vampire who creates havoc," Alice said.
"Well, that's so but I was still born a siren. Sirens are the meaning of the trouble," Cassius said.

Jane stared me down and sighed as Cassius was talking. I tried to keep a stare on her as well as she walked around the two of us. Cassius seemed to have stopped talking after a while when he noticed she wanted him to shut up. 

"Such a shame that you both will be gone forever after the decision," Jane whispered.
"That is if Aro doesn't keep us to be part of the Volturi," Alice said.
"He's not going to want either of you to join after the broken promise that you have made," Jane said before leaving the room.

You can hear the clicks of her heels as she walked away into the hallway. Cassius took the opportunity to pull out a cigarette from his pocket and lit it before smoking it. The smoke wasn't even normal - the smoke went from the color of gray to a light purple. He kept pacing around the room like if he was nervous or something.

"What happened at the interview?," Alice asked him.
"Hm?," he asked her.
"Your interview that you had with the Volturi. You have been acting like this since they came to visit you," she said.
"None of your business," he muttered.
"I know what happened. Caius got to him," I said.
"How could you have let him get to you?," Alice asked. "He has the habit of turning people against each other."
"Because I can't stand her," he said as he was implying to me.
"What would your mother think?," Alice bravely asked.
"My mother? Why would it matter? She's gone," Cassius said.
"Sirens have the tendency to leave their young after a couple of months, but it seemed like she raised you," Alice said.
"She did then left," he said as though he wanted to avoid the conversation.
"What about the rest of your family? Especially your father," Alice asked.
"Why would you even care what happened to my biological family? All I know is that they could be dead by now," he said.
"But your father didn't stop looking for you- he didn't believe you were dead," I said.

I felt him look at me. I heard his imitations of breathing come to a stop. He stopped pacing and I looked over at him as he was dead stopped in his tracks.

"What did you just say about my father?," he asked coldly.
"He never stopped looking for you. I found an article saying that he didn't believe you were dead and kept looking for you," I said.
"He did believe I was dead- he was the one who found me unconscious," he said.
"He found you unconscious on the floor in the master bathroom, but your body was gone when he came to the hospital with your older sister," I said.
"Why does any of this matter now? It's 2006- I'm not looking to relive my past," he said. "I don't understand why you are so obsessed with knowing everything about everyone. Keep your nose out of my business - well, you'll be gone in a little bit so I won't matter."

He went back to pacing around the room and started smoking his cigarette again. Alice sighed before another Volturi Guard came and took her away. I started screaming before Cassius made me blackout with his powers, again.