Ch. 28: Attacked, again. . .

"Hello Brother," Cassius said when he saw Edward.
"Hello Cassius," Edward replied.
"You brought her for the Masters?," Cassius asked.
"Yes, where are they?," Edward asked.
"Gone," he said. 
"What do you mean by 'gone'?," Edward asked.
"They're not dead if you are thinking," Cassius said.
"I wasn't thinking that at all," Edward replied. 
"You say that but we both know you were thinking it," Cassius said. 

Cassius without a heartbeat walked down the steps that lead to the thrones. He walked over to Edward and I. He made a glance towards me and then looked back at Edward. I heard him imitate a sigh. 

"You have a plan up your sleeve, don't you?," Cassius asked.
"Why do you assume that I have a plan?," Edward asked.
"Well, you were in the room when they said that they were leaving and you came back to ask where they were," Cassius said.
"That doesn't mean I wasn't paying attention," Edward replied.
"Obviously," Cassius sneered.
"How long will they be gone?," Edward asked.
"You were there for that too," Cassius said.
"Just remind me then," Edward said.
"No, I am not going to repeat their words," he said. "I'm sorry."
"Cassius, tell me," Edward said.
"No, you should've listened when they were talking in the first place," Cassius said. 
"Cassius, you're acting ridiculous so now tell me where they are," Edward said.

I blinked at the wrong time because one minute was standing next to me, then the next Cassius had him pinned to the wall. I looked at Edward and then looked at Cassius in the mirror that the Volturi had. Cassius's eyes were a bright purple color and he smirked in a way made you think he was truly psychotic. 

"What is wrong with you?," Edward asked.
"Oh, you're not the one to talk," Cassius said.

I stood in the corner of the room and looked around for something to distract Cassius from killing off Edward. I immediately made a grab for a piece of broken glass that was lying on the ground next to Aro's throne. I looked at my wrist to find the most visible vein and cut open my wrist. Cassius looked away from Edward and looked at me without hesitation. His eyes immediately turned to black and cocked his head to the side. 

"Let him go!," I yelled.
"I'm not stupid like you think. You're not going to set up a trap so he can turn around and kill me," he said. 
"Let Edward go. I need him!," I yelled.
"For what? Your pitiful world of imagination?," Cassius asked. "You don't belong in the vampire world," he said. 
"I was born to be a vampire!," I yelled while I can see Edward trying his hardest to fight himself out of Cassius's grip. 
"No, you're not born to be one," he said. "You aren't special. The only thing about you that is special is the scent of your blood."

That gave Edward a chance to fight back and throw Cassius onto the floor. Cassius got onto his feet and grabbed Edward's throat. He threw Edward onto his shoulder and kept him pinned him to the ground. I heard Edward's throat crush, and you could see the cracks in Edward's neck. He seemed to have stopped when I looked down and I saw a pool of my blood on the floor. Cassius let go of Edward and leaped towards me for my blood. 

I felt my body being thrown into the ground and heard my skull crack. I saw Cassius drain the blood from my wrist before I saw Edward drag Cassius away from me. I felt the sensation of the venom going through my veins and felt my head spinning from the fire. From the blurry vision, it seemed like Alice was hovering over me and I felt the fire disappear from my veins.