Ch.16: Attacked After Midnight

"How did his interview go?," I asked.
"He or Carlisle hasn't said anything," Edward said.
"Didn't Alice see or hear anything?," I asked.
"Cassius cut off her senses," Edward said.
"He can do that?," I asked.
"Yep," Edward replied.
"I really want to know," I begged.
"Gotta persuade him to tell you," Edward said.

I honestly didn't feel like making him tell me what happened. I wished he would tell Edward and Edward tell me. I wonder why he's keeping his interview a secret. I mean is he in trouble and going to be taken away?

I saw Cassius standing on the balcony and he was staring out towards the forest. I walked over to him as Edward was talking to Emmett. I saw Cassius smoking and blowing the smoke into the wind. I could see he wore a studded leather jacket, a white sweater, ripped jeans, and black combat boots. I looked at him as he slowly looked at me.

"Hey," I greeted.
"Hi," he answered.
"How did the interview go?," I asked hopeful.
"Did my brother tell you to ask?," he asked.
"No," I replied.
"Bella, you know what they say about the cat?," he asked.
"No, what?," I asked.
"Curiosity killed it," he said.
"You comparing me to a cat?," I asked.
"Certainly," he replied.

I sighed and he snickered. He went back to smoking and looked away from me. I felt like he was trying to avoid me in some way. Edward came outside and looked at his brother. Cassius only ignored him and continued to smoke.

"What's wrong?," Edward asked.
"Nothing," Cassius immediately replied.
"Yeah, nothing," I said.
"Cassius, are you alright? You seemed irritated," Edward asked.
"I'm alright," Cassius sighed.

He walked away and back into the Cullen house. I looked at Edward and he looked horrified. I can guess that Cassius has been acting like this since the interview. I don't understand why he would be acting like the way that he is. I looked back and I saw him staring at me intently then looked away.

"Bella, you should be heading home," Carlisle called.
"I will drive you," Edward said.
"But I can drive myself," I said.
"You seem ill," Edward said.
"I'm not ill," I urged.
"You look it," Edward whispered.

He eventually made me go to my truck and drove me home. He went back home as Charlie pulled into the driveway. I ate my dinner but I ran up to the bathroom. I did feel sick and was vomiting badly. I took some of the ibprofen and went to my bed. I unlocked my window for when Edward comes during the night. I had fallen into a really hazy, but crazy dream.

I was standing in the middle of my meadow and I was over the moon to see the flowers. They were their normal bright purple, royal blue and white colors. I saw a mirror and it was placed in the middle of the meadow. It had been there since my last dream where it was my eighteenth birthday. I had gone up to it to see the beautiful dress that I wore. It was a dark gray dress that fit every inch of my body and it made me look as beautiful as Alice. I noticed my hair wasn't its rich dark brown color but now a beautiful color of black.

I heard the crunch of a branch as it had been snapped. I turned and saw the lights of tiny diamonds. I had the feeling that Edward was coming and I smiled to myself. I tried to run to him but - - it wasn't Edward. It was Cassius and he had blood all over his handsome face. I looked at the sleek black suit that he wore.

"You look stunning," he complimented.
"Where's Edward?," I asked.
"Edward is quite busy, Bella," he said with a smile. "Tonight, you will be mine".

I turned away and tried to walk away. He had grabbed my arm and pulled me to look at him in the eyes. His eyes were a bright purple color and they were glowing.

"What did I just say?," he asked.
"Tonight, I will be yours," I repeated.
"Then, kiss me," he said sternly.

I had this incredible urge and kissed him. I ran my hair through his hair and let him hold me in his arms. I felt - - horrible...

I woke up quickly. I heard someone come through my window and saw a pair of golden eyes. They came closer to me and turned purple. I knew it was Cassius so I felt like telling him to go away. He covered my mouth and I stared into his purple eyes. I was drawn to them. My vision had become blurry and I felt someone bite at my neck. I felt an awful sensation of burning...