Ch.5 He tends to be a little hangry...

The day was long and slow, but yet half over. I feel like Edward's new brother doesn't like me. He made it sound like I'm leading people on a leash. I walked quietly alongside Jessica as she blabbed about something.

"Bella, are you even listening?," Jessica demanded.
"No, I was thinking about something," I said.
"Like what?," she asked with some rudeness.
"Cassius was kinda rude to me in first period," I said quietly.
"How?," Jessica asked. "He was kinda rude to me also".
"He implied that I keep people on a leash," I said.
"He implied that I was a bitch and I won't get anywhere in life," Jessica said. "I thought he would be nice".
"Well, not all of the Cullens are nice. Rosalie hates me and wishes Edward never met me," I said.
"So, Rosalie Hale and Cassius Cullen are the bitches in the Cullen family?," Jessica asked.
"I assume so," I sighed.
"Well, maybe - - Cassius is just having a bad day, you know? First day of school in the middle of March can kinda be harsh," Jessica said.
"That's true," I said.
"You didn't have it rough though," Jessica added. "You met Edward and here you are now".
"But that doesn't add up to what he said though," I said as I glanced at her.
"I mean he's the only Cullen who isn't in a relationship," Jessica said with a smile. "I'm obviously gonna try and get to him".

I sighed and knew what that meant. She was gonna stalk him or something. I saw Cassius standing in the middle of the hallway. He was leaning up against some lockers. He also appeared to be staring out the windows. I carefully walked over to him and he inclined his head to look at me.

"You okay?," I asked.
"To be honest, no. I am not okay," he said in hushed voice.
"What's wrong?," Bella asked.
"Everyone here smells wonderful," Cassius whispered. "It makes me hungry to the point where I'm a dick to everyone".
"Oh okay. That seems reasonable. Um- - maybe you should - - I don't know how to help you," I tried.
"It's fine. It's so bad that I can describe the smell of your scent," Cassius whispered.
"Yeah, that's definitely bad," I whispered.
"I should probably go to my next period before I - -," he walked off quickly.

Now, it's quite understandable why he's being rude to everyone. He's just hungry for the taste of human blood like Jasper. Edward compared human blood to drugs. Cassius is technically a drug addict. He's going through the same withdrawals someone would actually go through.

I followed him as he had the same class with me, again. He was sitting in the back corner from everyone. Edward came in after me and went over to Cassius's area. I sat at my desk and looked over my shoulder. Edward then sat at our desk and kept tapping his pencil.

"Is he alright?," I asked in a whisper.
"I told Carlisle that it wasn't a good idea to send him to school, yet. He attacked a human yesterday when we went hunting," Edward whispered.
"He - -  what?," I hissed.
"It was an accident. The hiker was three feet away from us and fell from a tree. We heard him crack his head and the blood swept from his head. Cassius's eyes turned black and then he - - drained the person of blood," Edward whispered.

I felt the blood rush to my head as he said that. The lack of human blood must be torture for him. Having to try and not bite someone at every moment. He's worse than Jasper from what it sounds. Edward looked over his shoulder a few times until class ended. Cassius immediately ran out and Edward ran after him.

I ran to my P.E. class and found Jessica waiting for me by the entrance. I went to her side and we walked into the class. Mike was goofing off with Eric and Logan Mallory in the corner. We walked over to the three of them and they acknowledged us.

"What's going on?," I asked.
"Davis Meeks was found dead last night in the middle of the forest," Mike whispered.
"Dahlia Meeks's brother?," Jessica asked.
"Yeah," Eric added.
"They say he was drained of blood when they found him," Logan whispered.
"You're lying," Jessica hissed.
"No, I'm not lying. My father is a detective and if I remember, Bella's father is Chief Swan," Logan added.
"Charlie only said it's a case that will take a few days," I said.
"Exactly," Logan said as I proved his point.

Damn it, Cassius!