Ch.29: What had Happened

I woke up in the middle of the night due to hearing beeping going on all around me. I looked at all of the signs around the room and I was clearly in Italy still. The doctors and nurses who were standing outside of my room were all speaking Italian. I looked at my heart monitor and saw Alice leaning against it. She was looking at her nails.

"Alice?," I asked softly.
"Good, you're awake," Alice said as she looked up at me.
"What happened?," I asked.
"I stopped the venom from turning you this time," she said. 
"What about Cassius?," I asked.

A wave of fear went through her eyes, and she looked at me like I asked her a very dangerous question. Her face froze and she sighed like she was prepared to tell me as if someone had died. I felt the pressure in my heart start to thud and I was trying to prepare for the worst case of scenario. 

"Alice? What happened?," I asked.
"Bella, don't freak out when I say this, but Cassius got away with the help of someone," Alice said. 
"Who would help him?," I asked, trying not to panic. 
"I don't know who she was, but she had auburn hair and she was clearly powerful," Alice said.
"Could it be another siren helping him?," I asked.
"Edward believes that it might have been a biological sibling of his," Alice said.
"His family is dead. I saw on the files that it said-," I started.
"Everyone except one sister of his," Alice corrected me. "He had a twin sister and Edward thinks his father didn't essentially die either."
"He died in a fire," I said.
"No, his brother and one of the two sisters of his died in a fire," she said. "His father and twin sister survived."

I felt my heart began to race, and the monitor was going off as my heartbeats were getting faster. Alice put a hand on my shoulder to calm me down and I took some deep breaths. I wasn't preparing for this news at all. I honestly thought she was going to say that Cassius or Edward had died in their fight. 

"How is Edward?," I asked.
"He is in trouble with Carlisle," Alice said.
"How bad?," I asked.
"He is also grounded as well," Alice replied.
"Vampires can be grounded?," I asked.
"Yep!," she said with a smile. 
"Did you tell my father?," I asked.
"No, he doesn't know that you are in Italy, but he is aware that you are with me," she said.

I nodded and laid back in the bed. Alice sat down on the edge of the bed and smiled graciously at me. I was still afraid that Cassius might come back and find us with whoever is trying to help him. At least, he was gone for now, but he was clearly going to kill more harmless amount of people for his thirst. That means we're going to be hearing a lot of murders in other states or even countries being announced on the news. Only hopefully, people of Forks will forget the existence of Cassius Cullen so the Cullens wouldn't have to come up with an excuse of why one of their children is missing.