8|Are you avoiding me?|

E Z R A

"Evangelina?"

She glanced at me as she put her phone in her bag, "Yeah what's up?" She asked as she walked next to me in the elevator.

"Are you avoiding me?" I asked making her shake her head no, "No I am not. I am just exploring New York, i'll see you later" She said as she walked out of the elevator as did I.

I walked over to my suite and closed the door behind me, something is just telling me that Evangelina is avoiding me and since I just asked her and she said no I guess she isn't.

I put on a sweater and sweatpants with a beanie and sneakers that are all grey and a black bubble jacket. I made my way downstairs then entered the breakfast hall.

I grabbed a plate and only grabbed some fruits then sat down next to Mr.Matthews, "Oh get this, Nick and his girlfriend broke up because the girl cheated with Evangelina's brother meaning Gaby also got cheated on." He said making me blink as I ate one of the grapes.

"Well that is something" I said as I ate one of my pineapple slices, "Oh shit what is she doing?" Mr.Matthews asked. I looked over to Evangelina's table to see Alyssa sitting down next to Gaby.

"Is there a reason you are sitting here, slut?" Gaby asked Alyssa making Mr.Matthews sit up with excitement.  Nick and Evangelina looked at each other then stood up with their food and took steps away from the table.

The two girls began to argue then Alyssa punched Gaby making everyone gasp. Gaby lunged at her dragging her down to the floor.

She got on top of her and began to punch her repeatedly I looked at Evangelina who is talking to Nick casually as if her friend isn't fighting someone.

I forced Mr.Matthews to stand up and break them apart, "You stupid slut!" Gaby said as Mr. Matthews pulled her away Alyssa has a busted lip while Gaby is walking away untouched.

"Come on" Evangelina said as she grabbed Gaby's arm and they walked out of the dinging hall. I looked over at Alyssa who is just full on sobbing, "What were you like genuinely expecting?" Mr.Matthews asked as he handed her to another teacher.

After Alyssa was attended to, me and the teachers walked around New York sightseeing. We ended up in times square and they are taking pictures of everything.

"Get in the picture Ezra" Jack said, "No i'll take the picture" I said. "No no get in the picture" Matthews said as he gave his phone to a random person.

I stood in between Mr.Matthews and Ms.Dogget making her try to lock hands with me, "Stop fucking touching me." I spat out as I yanked my hand away, she now looks embarrassed while Mr.Matthews is dying of laughter.

They took the picture and I walked away from them, "Oh look" Matthews said as he pointed at Evangelina and her friend Gaby. "Girls." He said as we walked over to them.

"Matthews. Ricci." Gaby said as she nodded, Evangelina waved since she is chewing. "Where did you get that from?" Matthews asked her making him follow behind her.

✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯✯ ✯

It's now Friday night and there is a little party to celebrate our last night in New York. During our time sight seeing we ran into Matthew's little sister.

She is cute and has a medium length brown hair with blue eyes, I can clearly see that she is interested in me but I don't really care for her in that way since I just met her.

Matthews went to go talk to someone so now we are all alone and she is rambling about something I don't care about. "So what do you do?" She asked making me look at her.

"Teacher, lawyer and architect. I am going to get something from the vending machine" I said as I stood up making her nod as I walked out of the dining hall.

The food here is not that good but I still want to at least at something. I walked over to the vending machine areas to see Evangelina banging on one of them.

"Stupid shit" She said making me raise my eyebrows, "Language" I said making her look at me as she walked right into the vending machine trying to walk away from me.

"Jesus Evangelina. This is you not avoiding me?" I asked as she rubbed her face."I am not avoiding you I was just yeah" She said as I hit the machine making a bunch of things fall down. "Thank you" She said as she grabbed the food, "Did I do something?" I asked.

"No I am just sick, remember the fever I had yeah it got worse so I am just keeping my distance from teachers." She said making me nod.

"Hey did I do something?" I turned around to see Matthew's little sister, "No. It's not you I am just very distracted. What's your name again?" I asked making her smile. "Aliyah." She said making me nod.

"Ezra." I said as I shook her hand. Me and Aliyah went back outside and just wandered around New York. I did a lot of talking since she is just someone who likes to just listen which I don't like.

"Wait where do you live?" I asked as we walked over to the vending machine, "I live with my brother I was just here for business." She said making me nod. "Is that Mr.Ricci?"

I looked away from Aliyah to see Evangelina who is on FaceTime with her father, "Yes it is." She said as she gave me her phone then stared at Aliyah who is looking at her. Her parents are at a hospital because her mother gave birth to a boy.

"Congratulations, he is adorable" I said as I smiled at the newborn, "Thank you. When will you guys be returning?" He asked.

"We leave in the morning and should be back in the afternoon." I said making him nod as I gave Evangelina back her phone "A presto zucca" Her father said.

"Are you now coming back?" Evangelina asked me making me raise my eyebrows, "Yes I was with Aliyah. Oh this Aliyah by the way Matthews's sister" I said making her smile at Aliyah who stared at her.

"Im Evangelina" She said as they shook hands, "Mhm" Aliyah said. Evangelina just nodded as she walked off and I walked into the elevator with Aliyah.

✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

"So you slept with someone you didn't even know for a full twenty four hours?" Lisa asked from my phone, "I needed a distraction and she is the one who asked if I wanted to have sex so" I said as I zipped up my duffel bag.

"Jesus Ezzie" She said, "Do not even this is not my fault." I said. She lectured me as I made my way downstairs over to the busses.

"Ezra! Hey!" I turned around to see Aliyah walking up to me with coffee cups in her hands. "I got you a macchiato" She said as she held it out.

Oh.

"Is that her?" Lisa asked from my phone, "I don't drink macchiato's but it is the thought that counts thank you." I said as Gaby walked past me glaring at me.

"So will I see you again?" She asked. Realistically I don't care for her but I could care for her if I actually put in effort and she seems like a nice woman.

"Yes i'll get your number from Matthews." I said making her smile as she leaned in trying to kiss me but I subtly leaned back, "Yes so i'll call you." I said as I got on the bus.

A/N:
short ahh chapter.