40 |You got what you wanted|

E V A N G E L I N A

"Hey sweetie!"

I forced a smile at my dad as I closed his office door "Hello" I said as I sat down on his couch. "Aren't you supposed to be in school?" He asked.

"It's lunchtime, I thought I could come visit you like I use to." I said which made him smile at me. "Well isn't that sweet of you, i'll get my assistant to bring us some food" He said as he grabbed his landline.

He talked to his assistant then stared at me clearly seeing that something is wrong. "Everything okay Evangelina?" He asked and I nodded. "Perfectly fine. Uh Harvard releases their decisions today." I said.

"Really? And how you are feeling-"

"Do not talk like Joanne." I said cutting him off. He laughed as his landline ringed, he grabbed it and placed it to his ear while I unlocked my phone to see Mike texted me saying that Ezra is worried about me.

I texted him back saying that he shouldn't be, "Evangelina what is wrong?" My dad asked making me look up from my phone. "Nothing. Do you think they will let me buy Spades?" I asked.

"Your horse? Where would you put him?" He asked as he gave me a are you being serious face. "In the house i'm going to buy" I said which made him shake his head.

"Do not buy a house yet. But I could ask them if they would let you buy it but even they say yes honey, be serious. You are going to university which means a lot of work, then you being you I know you will find yourself a job so when will you have time to care for him?"

I blinked "Fine." I mumbled out. "Thank you." He said. His assistant brought us chick fil a and we talked like we use to do, time went by and Harvard has now released their results.

He brought all of his team members to stand behind me as I logged into my portal on his computer. "Alright everyone ready?" I asked and they all said yes, I exhaled as I clicked on my Harvard portal.

I got accepted.

Cheer quickly erupted from everyone catching me off guard, all of his team members have watched me grow up and have all in their own way influenced me to become a lawyer.

"I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!" My dad shouted as he hugged me making me force a smile.

Massachusetts.

"You should be more excited!" He said all giddy. "I am very very excited" I said as he squeezed my shoulder. "Talk to your boyfriend Evangelina" He whispered making me smile.

He signalled for his colleagues to leave and they did after congratulating me. "Why aren't you excited?" He asked "I am very excited" I said.

"Ezra wants to break up with me" I said which made him blink at me. He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it. "Evangelina that is the last thing-"

"You aren't him. You don't know what he wants. He wants to break up with me." I said cutting him off. "You got what you wanted" I said as I stood up and grabbed my car keys.

"Evangelina that is the last thing I want. Talk to your boyfriend, I do not approve of you dating your math teacher but you won't listen to me and I am not going to lose you so I am learning to live with it."

"i like him now. I took him golfing for crying out loud this is not when you break up with him when you are starting to fall in love."

Love.

I picked up my bag and swung it onto my shoulder "This is the happiest you've been since Ace. He brings out a better person in you, talk to your boyfriend."