Chapter 6

Suji POV

Ugh...did someone hit me in the head with a brick?

My eyes fluttered open, painfully blinking at the bright summer sunlight peering in through the window.

Memories of last night slowly flooded into my memory, explaining exactly why I had a splitting headache. Good ol' hangover.

I rolled on my side, glancing at the clock.

"Oh sh-" my eyes bulged out of my head. I had ten minutes to get to my first class of the day.

With incredible speed, I jumped out of bed, ignoring the splitting headache and rushed to get ready.

The other girls were all completely passed out in their beds. I chuckled, knowing that the three of them had all missed their first class. I would've warned them, but I had absolutely no time.

I managed to clean myself up and look somewhat presentable as I rushed out the door, with a few minutes to spare.

I sprinted to my lecture hall, barely making it on time, as my professor began to speak.

I sat in the back, dealing with my impossibly painful headache while trying to focus on the performance points he was discussing.

Thankfully, I only had two lectures today, so I could end early. The only thing was I had a private session with the piano professor coming up soon, so I did need to practice my pieces.

"I just need an Advil," I groaned to myself.

Time Skip

By some miraculous stroke of fate, I managed to survive my two lectures and was on my way to one of the piano practice rooms.

Because this was a music-oriented school, there were individual practice rooms for instruments. The piano students had their own rooms since we can't exactly bring our own pianos in and out.

But you have to reserve the room with the head of each department. So as much as I wanted to run back to my room to get an Advil, I needed to be on time since I had the room booked out for three hours. Even a minute late and I would lose the right to the room.

So I got over there quickly and checked in with the staff who had to confirm I came.

Once they had marked my name down, they unlocked the door for me and let me in.

I sat my butt on the cushioned piano bench, tiredly grabbing my binder full of sheet music from my bag.

I went to the warmup section to loosen up my fingers a bit. From La vie en rose by Édith Piaf to Moonlight Sonata, they were songs I had played for years and were good to get my fingers ready for more complex pieces.

I was an advanced pianist. Not to brag but probably one of the best at the school. After my audition to get into the college, the piano professor had personally come up and said that he wanted to train me to refine my skills so I could be a concert pianist like I had always wanted.

The piece that he had assigned was one to hone in on my sight-reading. I had to read six different parts and play them all at once. Three treble clef staves, and three bass clef staves. The most I had ever read was four lines so I was really challenging my brain to fingers skill.

I began to piece slowly to at least get my fingers in the right place before I sped up the song. Slowly but surely, I was able to lose myself in the beauty of the piece, stretching my fingers to accommodate the wide reach of notes.