Chapter 29

Word Bank:
•prenez une chambre (preh•nay•oon•shahm•breuh): get a room
___________________________________

Suji POV

"Babe you gotta let me go~" I whined, trying to pry Yoongi's arms off of me.

He had been doing this a lot lately. Latching onto me and refusing to let go without telling me why.

Don't get me wrong, clingy Yoongi unlocked a new jittery feeling in my heart, but it was very unlike him. His affectionate actions often were subtle and quiet. Softly holding my hand or a quick hug or peck. But he was full on burying himself in me like a child, refusing to let me go.

And it was insanely cute. But the shift was unexpected as cute as it was. Even now, our final concert literally minutes away from starting, he was latching onto me like a bear.

"Are you nervous about our performance? Don't be love~ You're going to absolutely crush it," I cooed.

He just hummed into my embrace making me chuckle. Despite the sideways glances from our peers, I was more than happy to just focus on us and how cute he was being.

"Did I tell you how handsome you look in that suit? Totally jaw-dropping," I hummed.

"Mm you look better. Very eye-catching," he mewled, pecking my lips.

"Prenez une chambre," an unpleasant voice hissed.

The two of us disdainfully turned to see my oh so jealous ex-friends looking on us hatefully. Their failed schemes of making people hate me failed miserably and they were made to be the laughing stocks. So now they just harbored some rather obsessive hatred towards us.

Not that I was bothered anymore. I tend to move on quickly. I'm too lazy to get caught up on grudges when my life is constantly moving forward past people who can't keep up.

"Ignore them. The show is starting and we're going to do amazing. So keep the hugs coming," I teased.

I chuckled as he wrapped me in a tight embrace, patiently waiting as the show started.

The staff began calling off performers to perform their pieces, varying from classical to original that showcased the immense talent in this one school.

I held the score of my piece in my hands, nervously glancing at the curtain. Even despite my magazine appearance and several other performances, many agencies still hadn't reviewed my resume to sponsor me as an artist.

There were going to be so many recruiters in the audience, and I had prayed that one of them was interested in a piano major, even though singing was in the market.

After a bit more waiting, it was finally my turn to go up. Yoongi would join me onstage once my solo was done, but I had to get through the solo flawlessly first.

Despite my love for performing, I always got in my head. And this piece was one I was particularly having difficulty with. It was already a fast piece with my hands constantly flying around. But I had a bad habit of rushing through notes so that my brain would hit the right notes.

My late practice sessions were so I could remedy it, but it was time for the test to see that it pulled through.

I bowed to the audience first before sitting myself at the bench. My wrists limply rested on the middle position of the key signature before flying off into the rhythm and melody of La Campanella by Liszt and Paganini.

I kept a mental metronome in my head, trying to count in sixteenth notes to keep myself in time. I needed to split my focus but luckily my brain was very accustomed to doing two things at once.