Chapter 1

Word Bank:

•À demain (ah•deh•mah(n)): See you tomorrow!•
___________________________________

Yoongi POV

"What do you think Jin hyung?" I asked my roommate.

He was leaning against the door to our dorm room with a very complacent look on his face.

"I think you should pack more clothes."

I whined, "More? I packed my entire closet."

"Yeah exactly. Your closet consists of like ten outfits. You're going to another country, you should take some of my clothes too," he said.

I rolled my eyes, "Hyung, I'm an adult, you don't need to baby me."

"Consider this payback then," he shrugged.

I sighed, "Hyung I'm sorry. But this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I never thought I'd be offered something like this but it's like totally expense paid."

"I know. I'm really happy for you Yoongs. All of us are. You've got so much talent so it makes sense why you'd be able to achieve this. We're just bummed because this was the year the seven of us could be together in college. You're my senior buddy."

I chuckled, "I know. But we'll call every day. Plus, I'll be back for graduation."

We shared a bro-hug, relishing in the countless years of our friendship.

I had known the guys for the better part of my life. So this moment was bittersweet and amazing all at once. Of course, I'd miss them, but I could expand my artistry with great French composers. Hell, France was one of the centers of the greats.

Jin helped me pack the rest of my things into whatever carrier I could spare.

"You ready to go day drinking?" He asked cheekily.

I snickered, "Hyung, I'm always ready to drink."

Walking out of the college dormitory out onto the bustling streets of summer Seoul felt somewhat surreal.

This would be my last day for a long time that I got to walk this familiar path with my chattering friends in tow.

All the memories of late-night drinks and parties and jam sessions flooded into my mind.

No matter how excited I was, I definitely was going to miss it here.

The seven of us walked into the lounge, greeting our usual waiter friends and baristas.

"Alright Yoongi hyung, it's your day. Why don't you light us up?" Namjoon excitedly said.

"Oh god, you guys do know I need to still have dinner with my family after right?"

They laughed.

"Oh well hyung. You only live once right?" Hoseok joked.

I reluctantly gave in, ordering a round of drinks for all of us and something a little less strong for the rookie drinker.